Vaughn Gittin Jr. previews his 2013 Ford Mustang RTR
Vaughn Gittin Jr. burst onto the Mustang aftermarket scene at the 2009 SEMA Show with the debut of the carbon fiber Mustang RTR-C. While the car was certainly impressive, it wasn’t really something that Gittin could market to the public thanks to its $135,000 price tag. Of course, that’s where the Mustang RTR comes in. Featuring an attractive body kit and graphics package, gorgeous 19-inch wheels and a few performance items Ford Racing, the Mustang RTR represented a relatively affordable turnkey tuning package that could be purchased and serviced at authorized Ford dealerships.
Now with the debut of the 2013 Ford Mustang, Vaughn Gittin Jr. is set to unveil the second generation Mustang RTR. While official details have yet to be announced, it looks like the new car will maintain a similar design theme to the original. For the first time the RTR package will be available on the Mustang V6, and a supercharger system from Ford Racing will also likely be an option.
You can see the renderings of the 2013 Ford Mustang RTR below, and stay tuned for official details on the car later this week.
- Video: 2013 Ford Mustang RTR sound check
- 2013 Mustang RTR officially unveiled
- Late Model Restoration builds custom RTR Mustang track car
- Vaughn Gittin Jr's Mustang RTR forms new partnership with Performance Autosport for 2012 Americon Iron race season
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustang RTR in Grabber Blue
- Photo Gallery: Vaughn Gittin Jr's 2011 Formula Drift Mustang debuts in Long Beach
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. hoping to compete at X Games next year
- Video: Vaughn Gittin Jr's 1969 RTR-X Mustang hits the dyno
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. and his Mustangs to be featured in Need for Speed SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED
- Vaughn Gittin unveils new drift Mustang for 2010