Vaughn Gittin Jr. previews his 2013 Ford Mustang RTR
Vaughn Gittin Jr. burst onto the Mustang aftermarket scene at the 2009 SEMA Show with the debut of the carbon fiber Mustang RTR-C. While the car was certainly impressive, it wasn’t really something that Gittin could market to the public thanks to its $135,000 price tag. Of course, that’s where the Mustang RTR comes in. Featuring an attractive body kit and graphics package, gorgeous 19-inch wheels and a few performance items Ford Racing, the Mustang RTR represented a relatively affordable turnkey tuning package that could be purchased and serviced at authorized Ford dealerships.
Now with the debut of the 2013 Ford Mustang, Vaughn Gittin Jr. is set to unveil the second generation Mustang RTR. While official details have yet to be announced, it looks like the new car will maintain a similar design theme to the original. For the first time the RTR package will be available on the Mustang V6, and a supercharger system from Ford Racing will also likely be an option.
You can see the renderings of the 2013 Ford Mustang RTR below, and stay tuned for official details on the car later this week.
- 2013 Mustang RTR officially unveiled
- Video: 2013 Ford Mustang RTR sound check
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustang RTR in Grabber Blue
- Vaughn Gittin Jr's Mustang RTR forms new partnership with Performance Autosport for 2012 Americon Iron race season
- Late Model Restoration builds custom RTR Mustang track car
- Video: Vaughn Gittin Jr's 1969 RTR-X Mustang hits the dyno
- Vaughn Gittin earns sixth place finish with debut of his 2010 Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Vaughn Gittin Jr. shows off his championship-winning drift Mustang
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. reveals new Mustang RTR livery for 2013 Formula Drift season
- Ford Mustangs finish 1-2 at Formula Drift Palm Beach