Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
Jay Leno is one lucky man. Besides owning dozens of awesome cars, he often gets the chance to drive vehicles before anyone else. That’s the case with the 2013 Shelby GT500, as Leno was the first person outside of Ford employees to get behind the wheel. Thankfully he loves to share his experiences with the rest of us, and has just posted a video with the new Shelby on Jay Leno’s Garage.
Leno is about as big a fan of Ford as anyone – you can see his 1965 Shelby GT350 and his Ford GT in the background – and he begins the video by sharing a few of his memories of Ford and the Mustang. Jamal Hameedi, the SVT chief engineer, also gives Jay a detailed overview of the GT500 (as well as the 2013 Boss 302), and then it’s time to take the car out on the road.
We’ll leave it up to you to hear what Jay has to say about driving the new 2013 Shelby GT500. Just hit the play button below.
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby