Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
Jay Leno is one lucky man. Besides owning dozens of awesome cars, he often gets the chance to drive vehicles before anyone else. That’s the case with the 2013 Shelby GT500, as Leno was the first person outside of Ford employees to get behind the wheel. Thankfully he loves to share his experiences with the rest of us, and has just posted a video with the new Shelby on Jay Leno’s Garage.
Leno is about as big a fan of Ford as anyone – you can see his 1965 Shelby GT350 and his Ford GT in the background – and he begins the video by sharing a few of his memories of Ford and the Mustang. Jamal Hameedi, the SVT chief engineer, also gives Jay a detailed overview of the GT500 (as well as the 2013 Boss 302), and then it’s time to take the car out on the road.
We’ll leave it up to you to hear what Jay has to say about driving the new 2013 Shelby GT500. Just hit the play button below.
- Video: On board with the Lethal Performance 2010 Shelby GT500 as it runs a 9.66 @ 146 mph
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web