Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
Jay Leno is one lucky man. Besides owning dozens of awesome cars, he often gets the chance to drive vehicles before anyone else. That’s the case with the 2013 Shelby GT500, as Leno was the first person outside of Ford employees to get behind the wheel. Thankfully he loves to share his experiences with the rest of us, and has just posted a video with the new Shelby on Jay Leno’s Garage.
Leno is about as big a fan of Ford as anyone – you can see his 1965 Shelby GT350 and his Ford GT in the background – and he begins the video by sharing a few of his memories of Ford and the Mustang. Jamal Hameedi, the SVT chief engineer, also gives Jay a detailed overview of the GT500 (as well as the 2013 Boss 302), and then it’s time to take the car out on the road.
We’ll leave it up to you to hear what Jay has to say about driving the new 2013 Shelby GT500. Just hit the play button below.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web