Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
Jay Leno is one lucky man. Besides owning dozens of awesome cars, he often gets the chance to drive vehicles before anyone else. That’s the case with the 2013 Shelby GT500, as Leno was the first person outside of Ford employees to get behind the wheel. Thankfully he loves to share his experiences with the rest of us, and has just posted a video with the new Shelby on Jay Leno’s Garage.
Leno is about as big a fan of Ford as anyone – you can see his 1965 Shelby GT350 and his Ford GT in the background – and he begins the video by sharing a few of his memories of Ford and the Mustang. Jamal Hameedi, the SVT chief engineer, also gives Jay a detailed overview of the GT500 (as well as the 2013 Boss 302), and then it’s time to take the car out on the road.
We’ll leave it up to you to hear what Jay has to say about driving the new 2013 Shelby GT500. Just hit the play button below.
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp