Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
Jay Leno is one lucky man. Besides owning dozens of awesome cars, he often gets the chance to drive vehicles before anyone else. That’s the case with the 2013 Shelby GT500, as Leno was the first person outside of Ford employees to get behind the wheel. Thankfully he loves to share his experiences with the rest of us, and has just posted a video with the new Shelby on Jay Leno’s Garage.
Leno is about as big a fan of Ford as anyone – you can see his 1965 Shelby GT350 and his Ford GT in the background – and he begins the video by sharing a few of his memories of Ford and the Mustang. Jamal Hameedi, the SVT chief engineer, also gives Jay a detailed overview of the GT500 (as well as the 2013 Boss 302), and then it’s time to take the car out on the road.
We’ll leave it up to you to hear what Jay has to say about driving the new 2013 Shelby GT500. Just hit the play button below.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- Video: 2011 Shelby Super Snake vs Shelby 427 Cobra
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing