Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
Jay Leno is one lucky man. Besides owning dozens of awesome cars, he often gets the chance to drive vehicles before anyone else. That’s the case with the 2013 Shelby GT500, as Leno was the first person outside of Ford employees to get behind the wheel. Thankfully he loves to share his experiences with the rest of us, and has just posted a video with the new Shelby on Jay Leno’s Garage.
Leno is about as big a fan of Ford as anyone – you can see his 1965 Shelby GT350 and his Ford GT in the background – and he begins the video by sharing a few of his memories of Ford and the Mustang. Jamal Hameedi, the SVT chief engineer, also gives Jay a detailed overview of the GT500 (as well as the 2013 Boss 302), and then it’s time to take the car out on the road.
We’ll leave it up to you to hear what Jay has to say about driving the new 2013 Shelby GT500. Just hit the play button below.
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Shelby ending 2005-2014 Mustang production with GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500