Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
Jay Leno is one lucky man. Besides owning dozens of awesome cars, he often gets the chance to drive vehicles before anyone else. That’s the case with the 2013 Shelby GT500, as Leno was the first person outside of Ford employees to get behind the wheel. Thankfully he loves to share his experiences with the rest of us, and has just posted a video with the new Shelby on Jay Leno’s Garage.
Leno is about as big a fan of Ford as anyone – you can see his 1965 Shelby GT350 and his Ford GT in the background – and he begins the video by sharing a few of his memories of Ford and the Mustang. Jamal Hameedi, the SVT chief engineer, also gives Jay a detailed overview of the GT500 (as well as the 2013 Boss 302), and then it’s time to take the car out on the road.
We’ll leave it up to you to hear what Jay has to say about driving the new 2013 Shelby GT500. Just hit the play button below.
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower