Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
Jay Leno is one lucky man. Besides owning dozens of awesome cars, he often gets the chance to drive vehicles before anyone else. That’s the case with the 2013 Shelby GT500, as Leno was the first person outside of Ford employees to get behind the wheel. Thankfully he loves to share his experiences with the rest of us, and has just posted a video with the new Shelby on Jay Leno’s Garage.
Leno is about as big a fan of Ford as anyone – you can see his 1965 Shelby GT350 and his Ford GT in the background – and he begins the video by sharing a few of his memories of Ford and the Mustang. Jamal Hameedi, the SVT chief engineer, also gives Jay a detailed overview of the GT500 (as well as the 2013 Boss 302), and then it’s time to take the car out on the road.
We’ll leave it up to you to hear what Jay has to say about driving the new 2013 Shelby GT500. Just hit the play button below.
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson