2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
Many of the reviews of the 2013 Shelby GT500 posted yesterday listed various 1/4 mile times from 11.8 to low 12 seconds achieved during a brief test session at Atlanta Dragway. Motor Trend, however, was able to get more time with the car to get a full set of performance numbers, and the results are impressive. The magazine recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph in 7.7 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds at 125.7 mph. This falls exactly in line with Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford’s estimates after they drove a pre-production car back in January.
Other performance figures recorded by Motor Trend for the 2013 Shelby GT500 include a 60-0 mph braking distance of 101 feet and .98g of lateral acceleration.
So how does this compare to the GT500’s rival, the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1? Motortrend tested the Camaro in their March, 2012 issue and recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds (.3 seconds slower), a 0-100 mph time of 8.7 seconds (1.0 seconds slower) and a 1/4 mile time of 12.1 seconds at 117.4 mph (.7 seconds slower).
[Source: Motor Trend]
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- New Product: JLT Super Big Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500