2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
Many of the reviews of the 2013 Shelby GT500 posted yesterday listed various 1/4 mile times from 11.8 to low 12 seconds achieved during a brief test session at Atlanta Dragway. Motor Trend, however, was able to get more time with the car to get a full set of performance numbers, and the results are impressive. The magazine recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph in 7.7 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds at 125.7 mph. This falls exactly in line with Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford’s estimates after they drove a pre-production car back in January.
Other performance figures recorded by Motor Trend for the 2013 Shelby GT500 include a 60-0 mph braking distance of 101 feet and .98g of lateral acceleration.
So how does this compare to the GT500’s rival, the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1? Motortrend tested the Camaro in their March, 2012 issue and recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds (.3 seconds slower), a 0-100 mph time of 8.7 seconds (1.0 seconds slower) and a 1/4 mile time of 12.1 seconds at 117.4 mph (.7 seconds slower).
[Source: Motor Trend]
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- Photo Gallery: 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: On board with the Lethal Performance 2010 Shelby GT500 as it runs a 9.66 @ 146 mph