2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
Many of the reviews of the 2013 Shelby GT500 posted yesterday listed various 1/4 mile times from 11.8 to low 12 seconds achieved during a brief test session at Atlanta Dragway. Motor Trend, however, was able to get more time with the car to get a full set of performance numbers, and the results are impressive. The magazine recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph in 7.7 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds at 125.7 mph. This falls exactly in line with Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford’s estimates after they drove a pre-production car back in January.
Other performance figures recorded by Motor Trend for the 2013 Shelby GT500 include a 60-0 mph braking distance of 101 feet and .98g of lateral acceleration.
So how does this compare to the GT500’s rival, the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1? Motortrend tested the Camaro in their March, 2012 issue and recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds (.3 seconds slower), a 0-100 mph time of 8.7 seconds (1.0 seconds slower) and a 1/4 mile time of 12.1 seconds at 117.4 mph (.7 seconds slower).
[Source: Motor Trend]
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Photo Gallery: 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson