2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
Many of the reviews of the 2013 Shelby GT500 posted yesterday listed various 1/4 mile times from 11.8 to low 12 seconds achieved during a brief test session at Atlanta Dragway. Motor Trend, however, was able to get more time with the car to get a full set of performance numbers, and the results are impressive. The magazine recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph in 7.7 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds at 125.7 mph. This falls exactly in line with Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford’s estimates after they drove a pre-production car back in January.
Other performance figures recorded by Motor Trend for the 2013 Shelby GT500 include a 60-0 mph braking distance of 101 feet and .98g of lateral acceleration.
So how does this compare to the GT500’s rival, the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1? Motortrend tested the Camaro in their March, 2012 issue and recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds (.3 seconds slower), a 0-100 mph time of 8.7 seconds (1.0 seconds slower) and a 1/4 mile time of 12.1 seconds at 117.4 mph (.7 seconds slower).
[Source: Motor Trend]
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- New Product: JLT Super Big Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500