2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
Many of the reviews of the 2013 Shelby GT500 posted yesterday listed various 1/4 mile times from 11.8 to low 12 seconds achieved during a brief test session at Atlanta Dragway. Motor Trend, however, was able to get more time with the car to get a full set of performance numbers, and the results are impressive. The magazine recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph in 7.7 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds at 125.7 mph. This falls exactly in line with Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford’s estimates after they drove a pre-production car back in January.
Other performance figures recorded by Motor Trend for the 2013 Shelby GT500 include a 60-0 mph braking distance of 101 feet and .98g of lateral acceleration.
So how does this compare to the GT500’s rival, the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1? Motortrend tested the Camaro in their March, 2012 issue and recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds (.3 seconds slower), a 0-100 mph time of 8.7 seconds (1.0 seconds slower) and a 1/4 mile time of 12.1 seconds at 117.4 mph (.7 seconds slower).
[Source: Motor Trend]
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra