2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
Many of the reviews of the 2013 Shelby GT500 posted yesterday listed various 1/4 mile times from 11.8 to low 12 seconds achieved during a brief test session at Atlanta Dragway. Motor Trend, however, was able to get more time with the car to get a full set of performance numbers, and the results are impressive. The magazine recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph in 7.7 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds at 125.7 mph. This falls exactly in line with Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford’s estimates after they drove a pre-production car back in January.
Other performance figures recorded by Motor Trend for the 2013 Shelby GT500 include a 60-0 mph braking distance of 101 feet and .98g of lateral acceleration.
So how does this compare to the GT500’s rival, the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1? Motortrend tested the Camaro in their March, 2012 issue and recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds (.3 seconds slower), a 0-100 mph time of 8.7 seconds (1.0 seconds slower) and a 1/4 mile time of 12.1 seconds at 117.4 mph (.7 seconds slower).
[Source: Motor Trend]
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car