2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
Many of the reviews of the 2013 Shelby GT500 posted yesterday listed various 1/4 mile times from 11.8 to low 12 seconds achieved during a brief test session at Atlanta Dragway. Motor Trend, however, was able to get more time with the car to get a full set of performance numbers, and the results are impressive. The magazine recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph in 7.7 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds at 125.7 mph. This falls exactly in line with Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford’s estimates after they drove a pre-production car back in January.
Other performance figures recorded by Motor Trend for the 2013 Shelby GT500 include a 60-0 mph braking distance of 101 feet and .98g of lateral acceleration.
So how does this compare to the GT500’s rival, the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1? Motortrend tested the Camaro in their March, 2012 issue and recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds (.3 seconds slower), a 0-100 mph time of 8.7 seconds (1.0 seconds slower) and a 1/4 mile time of 12.1 seconds at 117.4 mph (.7 seconds slower).
[Source: Motor Trend]
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring