2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
Many of the reviews of the 2013 Shelby GT500 posted yesterday listed various 1/4 mile times from 11.8 to low 12 seconds achieved during a brief test session at Atlanta Dragway. Motor Trend, however, was able to get more time with the car to get a full set of performance numbers, and the results are impressive. The magazine recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph in 7.7 seconds, and the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds at 125.7 mph. This falls exactly in line with Muscle Mustang & Fast Ford’s estimates after they drove a pre-production car back in January.
Other performance figures recorded by Motor Trend for the 2013 Shelby GT500 include a 60-0 mph braking distance of 101 feet and .98g of lateral acceleration.
So how does this compare to the GT500’s rival, the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1? Motortrend tested the Camaro in their March, 2012 issue and recorded a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds (.3 seconds slower), a 0-100 mph time of 8.7 seconds (1.0 seconds slower) and a 1/4 mile time of 12.1 seconds at 117.4 mph (.7 seconds slower).
[Source: Motor Trend]
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- Shelby ending 2005-2014 Mustang production with GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake