2015 Ford Mustang rendered…again

By - May 22, 2012 – 7:37 am26 Comments | 19,937 views

2015 Ford Mustang

The speculation regarding the design of the 2015 Ford Mustang continues with AutoGuide.com the latest to publish a rendering of what they think the styling of the next generation Mustang will be. Like the renderings posted by InsideLine.com earlier this month, the new speculative design includes styling cues from the Ford Evos Concept unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show last year.

This latest rendering, however, has many more retro Mustang elements in the design including a more prominent rear quarter window and an upper and lower grille inspired by the current generation Boss 302.  Other items like the headlights, side mirror and wheels are also more similar to the current generation Mustang. In our opinion, it’s likely the most accurate guess of what the new Mustang will look like yet, although only time will tell what the actual design will be.

Let us know what you think of this latest rendering of the 2015 Ford Mustang in the comments section below.

[Source: AutoGuide.com]

Definately NOT love at first site. So far, only Sean Smith’s design has got me excited http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f/39546072/1112phr-02-z+2015-ford-mustang+concept.JPG.jpg

• RPib says:

What the hell is that!?

• Mark K says:

I think it’s a great look and only thing I would change is back seat. I love my 2005 GT and I wish mine came with the horse power the new ones have. It hurt a lot to know that the power is ungodly and keeps getting faster and I have one of the slowest GT’s made since 86′ God Id give lung or a liver to have 2012 5.0 super charged….. And no 4 bangers in the icon of muscle cars. Mustang is to bad ass as four cylinder is to small and slow and mustang’s do not need to be put down and laughed at. I would hate to be that guy that gets asked what do u have under the hood……..u either lie or hang ur head down in shame. Please don’t put that little motor in a muscle car….. It is bad enough having 4.6in my GT. The 90′s mustang had a sound I miss. My eye’s could be closed and hear the 86-92 GT 5.0 start and i knew what it was cause the motor and headers had a,sound like no other. Put that in the new 2015 and supercharge it……. bring a new sound that’s only a mustang can rumble and please give me one GT cobra for the idea and we will call it even….. Thanks hope you at least hear me. I can’t afford the new one so I’m going to use part of my retirement to supercharge my GT. They use my idea and the sell will keep on the rise. Anyways all who have a fast car or slow be safe and If u want to race do it on a track. Life is not worth it ,yours or anyone else!!!!!

• Mark K says:

I like both of them

• Chris says:

CRAP!!

• priceless says:

Out of all the renderings I have seen so far, I like this one the most. I hope ford goes in this direction…

• john romanello says:

I think this is this best version yet. Rear quarters look somewhat like that of the 2 seater AC Cobra.awesome

• Carl says:

Crap is an understatement!! I don’t know who is messing with photo shop but listen its NOT an Aston Martin!!! We are Americans and want an American Mustang so enough with this global brand design crap! Do you know why so many Europeans, Australians, and Asians buy the Mustang, because its a Mustang and looks like a Mustang as they have this crap already so leave it like it is with a few tweaks. You want to increase sales, just offering exciting colors like GM does for the Camaro

• Dave Bailey says:

..Well, Dammit,…I like it a lot more than I thought I would!..I currently own the rare 2007 SSALEEN S-281-Extreme, Ultimate Bad Boy Edition..With Goo-Gaws and HEE-Hoes, yet I still like the FORWARD/RETRO(figure THAT out!)Aspects , at least on this site!

• joxy says:

it will be worth the wait

• GEN XER says:

Finally. A Stang for the masses. When I show this picture to Porsche owners they say if Ford builds that they will trade in there Porsche for it. I say if the Mustang looks this good I will be a Ford owner for the first time since my 1975 Ford Grenada.

• Ian29 says:

That is perhaps the best looking Mustang I’ve ever seen – Well beyond the typical American Pony Car in style, and much closer to European sports car territory.
    Perhaps 50 year old American males won’t like it, but almost everyone else will. And lets face it: as much as the Mustang looks, performs, and currently sells better than the bloated, garish, and tank-like Camaro, its sales aren’t that impressive in the grand scheme of things.

Keep the price point where it is, build this on a global scale, and build it soon.

• markasunique says:

Your crazy they buy the mustang because ford has spent millions over the years in developing technology to make the most amazing reliable and performance v8 engine the world has ever witnessed, besides the corvette. Nothing absolutely nothing sounds like them i currently own a 2003 and with my mods i will out rev a ferrari in sound. Performance wise these car will run with the big boys and the best part they won’t cost you a hundred grand to drive one that pisses an exotic car guy off when you pull to the light and your supercharged v8 shits on his little hundred thousand dollar sports car. This is america we have been buying their cars for years now it’s time to bring the revenue back to its home place this is by far the most amazing mustang i have ever seen. I’m just glad i got a chance to witness this in my life time. I’am highly convinced that if they complete this design and keep the price classic as they always have I will be buying mine cash. Everyone is going to want one then we can be truly proud of the american muscle when everyone is representing this car in america. “GOOD JOB FORD KEEP IT UP, SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE YEARS AGO”

• Nate says:

If this comes out, I would purchase it. I understand what Ford is trying to do and I like it. This new look will appeal to the next generation mustang buyer and it will offer a more competitive world wide appeal. Just look at the next generation WRX. A lot of companies are catching on to this.

• David says:

I just ordered a 2013 mustang convertible. I don’t think I would have had such a difficult time deciding to do it if the model looked like that. Now I’m kind of upset that the look is changing so much, or everyone thinks it will. I’m still super excited though.

• Michael says:

If Ford sticks with that bodystyle I think it will definitely be a hit in the European markets as well as in the U.S. I will be purchasing one if they stick with this look. I love the power it has and if they shed a couple hundred pounds, it will be a beast.

• Dannie Valles says:

Great style!! I have owned several different model year mustangs, 1965, 1971 convertable, 1973,and 1989 5.0 LX all V8s and powerful. However, mustang needs refinement and a more modern uniframe and suspendion. The 2015 rendering looks awesome! It seems to be a balance between Euro/american styling, the best of both worlds. people seem to run away from change, however, it’s coming so except the modren power and handling.

• Rich says:

I have been a fan of Mustangs since I was a kid. My first car was a ’67. I hope Ford goes in this direction. This is the best rendering I have seen for the 2015. It keeps the mustang design cues with a sleek contemporary body, while looking sinister and fast. I especially like the angles headlights and flared fenders.

• Marc says:

The car being down sized, wider rear track and hope for a turbo V6 GT will make me sign on the dotted line. This would scream on the road course, with the independent rear suspension.
    The GT500 can stout the V8.
    They compare the Boss to a M3 now,a GT would clearly spank the BMW.
    Bring it on Ford, I’m sold . . .

• Steve says:

No question that I am going to buy one. Outstanding design. Thank God for no skunk strips. I did not even see a fake hood scoop. Slightly smaller wheels would look more proportioned. Just give me 450 hp and I am in heaven.

• JamesS King says:

i love the look. its the best look I’ve seen. i was leaning towards the fusion13 but i can wait to oct14 to purchase my very first mustang.my very first car. so excited. thanks. i’m saving starting now so i will have the money for the model i want. i wish i could purchase the euro model because i have been overseas. and it fits me better

• Miguel Rosario says:

1. My first impression of this rendering was “It’s gorgeous and breath-taking!”
    2. I bought a 2013 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca (production number LS190) in July 2012; and I’ve owned a 1994 Mustang GT convertible since 1996. I love the styling of both; but, if the 2015 Mustang stays close to this rendering, and close to it’s current prices, then Ford will have another winner on it’s hands.
    3. My Boss 302 Laguna Seca is awesome; yet this rendering takes the Mustang to a higher plane of existence. It has a fine blend of new and old while advancing the design with an aggressive sophistication.
    4. Pairing the 5.0L V-8 engine with this rendering is a must.

• Khail says:

This is simply an awesome design SURE it has lost some of its muscle but in the recent future style concepts are changing. So this should do a better MUSTANG. VROOOOMMMmmm.

• Donald Rounds says:

I don’t like it. The rear end looks like it was customized by a 1960s high school body shop.Too many conflicting lines and angles. I own a 2006 Mustang GT. every time I look at my car it looks better and better. Keep the new car similar but smaller and lighter with a hell of a lot more v8 power and you will have a winner. I am 63 years old and the next gen mustang will me my last performance car. So don’t mess it up with that euro audi/bmw look.

• Joe Smith says:

Sick!
    As in sick to my stomach. If thats even close to what she’ll end up like, I’ll cry. Come on, Ford… Please. Give us a muscle car again, in appearance and performance.

From the ’67 GT500 to…this?? :-/

• Kenkin says:

Is this a Honda CR-Z??

Dear Mr. Herry Ford,
    With this style, you will get more buyer from houswifes.