Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
Back in October Ford SVT engineers headed out to Sebring International Raceway in Florida to do durability testing with the 2013 Shelby GT500. The late Carroll Shelby was also in attendance to give his approval to the car, and it just so happened that this would be the last time that he would be working with Ford to build a vehicle bearing his name.
If you ever had a doubt that Carroll had a very tangible influence on Shelby products later in his life, then you’d better think again. As one engineer put it, “He tells when we’ve got it right, and in the most brutal way he’ll tell us if we’ve got it wrong.” Of course, Carroll gave more than just his input and provided motivation as well. “Carroll’s not only the guy who has his name on the car, he’s our inspiration,” said another engineer.
Thankfully Ford had the cameras rolling at Sebring to capture what is now historic footage of Shelby with one of his very last creations. You can watch the video below.
- Vortech releases air inlet upgrade for the GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra