Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
Back in October Ford SVT engineers headed out to Sebring International Raceway in Florida to do durability testing with the 2013 Shelby GT500. The late Carroll Shelby was also in attendance to give his approval to the car, and it just so happened that this would be the last time that he would be working with Ford to build a vehicle bearing his name.
If you ever had a doubt that Carroll had a very tangible influence on Shelby products later in his life, then you’d better think again. As one engineer put it, “He tells when we’ve got it right, and in the most brutal way he’ll tell us if we’ve got it wrong.” Of course, Carroll gave more than just his input and provided motivation as well. “Carroll’s not only the guy who has his name on the car, he’s our inspiration,” said another engineer.
Thankfully Ford had the cameras rolling at Sebring to capture what is now historic footage of Shelby with one of his very last creations. You can watch the video below.
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000