Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
Back in October Ford SVT engineers headed out to Sebring International Raceway in Florida to do durability testing with the 2013 Shelby GT500. The late Carroll Shelby was also in attendance to give his approval to the car, and it just so happened that this would be the last time that he would be working with Ford to build a vehicle bearing his name.
If you ever had a doubt that Carroll had a very tangible influence on Shelby products later in his life, then you’d better think again. As one engineer put it, “He tells when we’ve got it right, and in the most brutal way he’ll tell us if we’ve got it wrong.” Of course, Carroll gave more than just his input and provided motivation as well. “Carroll’s not only the guy who has his name on the car, he’s our inspiration,” said another engineer.
Thankfully Ford had the cameras rolling at Sebring to capture what is now historic footage of Shelby with one of his very last creations. You can watch the video below.
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- Shelby Mustang 45th anniversary celebrated at the Quail Motorsports Gathering