Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
Back in October Ford SVT engineers headed out to Sebring International Raceway in Florida to do durability testing with the 2013 Shelby GT500. The late Carroll Shelby was also in attendance to give his approval to the car, and it just so happened that this would be the last time that he would be working with Ford to build a vehicle bearing his name.
If you ever had a doubt that Carroll had a very tangible influence on Shelby products later in his life, then you’d better think again. As one engineer put it, “He tells when we’ve got it right, and in the most brutal way he’ll tell us if we’ve got it wrong.” Of course, Carroll gave more than just his input and provided motivation as well. “Carroll’s not only the guy who has his name on the car, he’s our inspiration,” said another engineer.
Thankfully Ford had the cameras rolling at Sebring to capture what is now historic footage of Shelby with one of his very last creations. You can watch the video below.
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"