Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
Back in October Ford SVT engineers headed out to Sebring International Raceway in Florida to do durability testing with the 2013 Shelby GT500. The late Carroll Shelby was also in attendance to give his approval to the car, and it just so happened that this would be the last time that he would be working with Ford to build a vehicle bearing his name.
If you ever had a doubt that Carroll had a very tangible influence on Shelby products later in his life, then you’d better think again. As one engineer put it, “He tells when we’ve got it right, and in the most brutal way he’ll tell us if we’ve got it wrong.” Of course, Carroll gave more than just his input and provided motivation as well. “Carroll’s not only the guy who has his name on the car, he’s our inspiration,” said another engineer.
Thankfully Ford had the cameras rolling at Sebring to capture what is now historic footage of Shelby with one of his very last creations. You can watch the video below.
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson