Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
Back in October Ford SVT engineers headed out to Sebring International Raceway in Florida to do durability testing with the 2013 Shelby GT500. The late Carroll Shelby was also in attendance to give his approval to the car, and it just so happened that this would be the last time that he would be working with Ford to build a vehicle bearing his name.
If you ever had a doubt that Carroll had a very tangible influence on Shelby products later in his life, then you’d better think again. As one engineer put it, “He tells when we’ve got it right, and in the most brutal way he’ll tell us if we’ve got it wrong.” Of course, Carroll gave more than just his input and provided motivation as well. “Carroll’s not only the guy who has his name on the car, he’s our inspiration,” said another engineer.
Thankfully Ford had the cameras rolling at Sebring to capture what is now historic footage of Shelby with one of his very last creations. You can watch the video below.
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition
- Vortech releases air inlet upgrade for the GT500
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible