New Product: Shelby Super Snake Hood for the 2010-2012 Shelby GT500
Shelby Performance parts have announced that the same hood used on the 2010-2012 GT500 Super Snake is now available for individual sale. The lightweight fiberglass hood bolts directly onto the GT500 and features a large functional scoop to provide cool air to the engine bay. Matching heat extractor vents, hood pins and a washer nozzle relocation kit are also available and sold separately. Shelby says that the hoods are shipped unpainted and may require prepping prior to painting and installation, and hoods are generally shipped in two to four weeks.
Retail pricing for the 2010-2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake hood is listed at $1,499.00.
[Source: Shelby Performance Parts]
- Shelby, Ford to Continue Building the GT500KR in 2009
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- 2nd Annual Carroll Shelby Car Show & Tribute
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Shelby unveils 2013 GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2011 Shelby GT350 trounces Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 in Road and Track comparison test
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1966 Shelby GT350 sells for $247,500
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack for the 2011 Shelby GT500