New Product: Shelby Super Snake Hood for the 2010-2012 Shelby GT500
Shelby Performance parts have announced that the same hood used on the 2010-2012 GT500 Super Snake is now available for individual sale. The lightweight fiberglass hood bolts directly onto the GT500 and features a large functional scoop to provide cool air to the engine bay. Matching heat extractor vents, hood pins and a washer nozzle relocation kit are also available and sold separately. Shelby says that the hoods are shipped unpainted and may require prepping prior to painting and installation, and hoods are generally shipped in two to four weeks.
Retail pricing for the 2010-2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake hood is listed at $1,499.00.
[Source: Shelby Performance Parts]
- German tuner Geiger builds Shelby GT640 "Golden Snake"
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Supercharged 1967 Shelby GT350 sells for $135,300
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- Motor Trend tests the 2011 Shelby GT350 prototype, hits 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GTS live at the New York Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: See the first 2013 Shelby GT350 built from start to finish
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Shelby GT500 50th Anniversary Super Snake show car nets $209,000
- Video: Twin-Turbo Shelby GT500 puts out 884 rwhp and 876 rwtq on the dyno