New Product: Shelby Super Snake Hood for the 2010-2012 Shelby GT500
Shelby Performance parts have announced that the same hood used on the 2010-2012 GT500 Super Snake is now available for individual sale. The lightweight fiberglass hood bolts directly onto the GT500 and features a large functional scoop to provide cool air to the engine bay. Matching heat extractor vents, hood pins and a washer nozzle relocation kit are also available and sold separately. Shelby says that the hoods are shipped unpainted and may require prepping prior to painting and installation, and hoods are generally shipped in two to four weeks.
Retail pricing for the 2010-2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake hood is listed at $1,499.00.
[Source: Shelby Performance Parts]
- 2013 Shelby GT500 with 600+ horsepower in the works?
- 1965 Shelby GT350R going up for auction later this month
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- Photo Gallery: Shelby Mustangs at the 2013 Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake prototype debuts in Monterey
- Shelby ending 2005-2014 Mustang production with GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition
- German tuner Geiger builds Shelby GT640 "Golden Snake"
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2015 Shelby GT unveiled at Barrett-Jackson with up to 700+ horsepower
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake sells for record $1.3 million at Mecum