Spied: 2015 Ford Mustang caught testing with independent rear suspension
With the debut of the 2015 Ford Mustang coming in the next couple years it was only a matter of time before Ford would begin testing out prototypes. It looks like that time as come, as spy photographers have captured a 2015 Mustang prototype being tested out on public roads. To the untrained eye the car might look like a test mule based on the current 2013 model, but underneath the bodywork is hiding the chassis and suspension being developed for the next generation Mustang. The evidence is in the photos, which show off the new rear suspension setup for the very first time. The current S197 Mustang platform was initially tested with an independent rear suspension as well, but all reports indicate that the next generation Mustang will most definitely lose the solid rear axle.
With 2015 Mustang prototypes now out on the roads, expect to see more and more spy photos of the cars during testing. Hopefully sometime in the near future we’ll start to see development mules with some of the new bodywork, giving us an even better idea of what the 2015 Mustang will look like.
Head over to Car and Driver’s web site to read the full story and see more spy photos of the 2015 Mustang.
- Video: The 2015 Ford Mustang stops by Jay Leno's Garage
- 2015 Ford Mustang to get 2.3-liter EcoBoost 4-cylinder with 310 horsepower?
- First retail 2015 Ford Mustang to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson
- A closer look at the 2015 Ford Mustang powertrain lineup
- 2015 Mustang makes video game debut in Need for Speed Rivals
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered with Evos design cues
- J Mays: 2015 Mustang to get less retro styling, will 'bring the brand forward'
- Video: Listen to the 2015 Mustang start up and rev
- Video: What it takes to put a 2015 Mustang up on top of the Empire State Building
- Ford announces more details about 2015 Mustang's December 5th reveal date