Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
The 2013 Shelby GT500 has incredible performance right out of the box. Last month Motor Trend did a thorough test of the new Shelby with impressive results: 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds, 0-100 mph in 7.7 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds at 125.7 mph. But 2013 GT500 also has plenty of untapped potential just waiting to get out. We showed you the first evidence of this last month when Lund Racing and Evolution Performance were able to boost the Shelby by 50 horsepower and 50 lb-ft torque with a simple tune.
However, dyno numbers are one thing and putting down that power at the drag strip is another. Not to worry, though, as Evolution Performance is no stranger to the quarter mile. In fact, they’re generally setting the standard when it comes to straight line performance – they still hold the record for the fastest 2011+ Mustang 5.0. Now they’ve done the same with the 2013 GT500, as they’re the first one to run a nine second 1/4 mile in the new Shelby. Just a few days ago Evolution took the car at Atco Raceway in New Jersey, quickly running in the low 10s and eventually netting a 9.95 @ 142 mph. The deed was done with a few simple bolt-ons (they aren’t divulging exact modifications quite yet) with the stock engine, supercharger, transmission and clutch.
You can watch the Evolution Performance 2013 Shelby GT500 take on the 1/4 mile including the nine second run in the video below.
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Video: 2011 Shelby Super Snake vs Shelby 427 Cobra
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity