Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
Never officially built with only one prototype car known to exist, the 1967 Shelby GT500 convertible is one of the rarest and most sought after collector cars of the 1960s. The debut of the Classic Recreations GT500CR convertible gives enthusiasts a new option, one that is bittersweet as the GT500CR convertible was the final Classic Recreations cars to receive Carroll Shelby’s seal of approval before his passing.
The GT500CR is the only officially licensed 1967 Shelby Mustang in production, and all GT500CR models feature a hand-built 427 cubic inch (7.0L) engine, modern performance suspension, model specific bodywork, custom paint and hand-stitched upholstery. Every car comes with an official Shelby serial number, badges and is included in the official Shelby Worldwide Registry.
The GT500CR convertible will be offered in two different performance models. The GT500CR 545 model features a 545hp fuel injected 427, built in-house at Classic Recreations using top-shelf performance parts and Mass Flo digital fuel injection. Modernized suspension, power rack and pinion steering and a Tremec five speed manual transmission add to the modern driving experience. Other features include Carroll Shelby signature rally series 1000 seats, larger 17×9.5 rear wheels and front and rear coilover suspension for modern sports car handling. The exterior is available in five different color schemes and features authentic Shelby Performance parts and a real Shelby Le Mans racing gas cap.
The GT500CR 900S model has all the features of the 545 model plus boosted power to 780hp with an F1-R Intercooled ProCharger supercharged engine. Other upgrades include a 200mph speedometer and racing-style bucket seats. The 900S also boasts suspension and chassis upgrades as well as 17×11″ rear wheels and wider ultra high performance Goodyear tires. All GT500CR convertibles will include a hand-stitched power top.
Each built-to-order vehicle takes approximately four months (nearly 2,500 man hours) of painstaking assembly. Find out more about how to get your own customized vehicle at www.1967fastback.com.
[Source: Classic Recreations]
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT500CR continuation cars
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations announces GT500CR Convertible
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in Candy Apple Red
- Classic Recreations announces availability of Shelby GT500CR Venom
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT350CR model
- Classic Recreations reveals first GT500CR in Las Vegas
- Shelby releases 2010-2011 parts catalog