Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
The 2012 Shelby 1000 debuted at the New York Auto Show earlier this year as the most powerful Mustang ever built by the legendary company with 950 horsepower in standard trim and 1,100 horsepower available for the track-only S/C version. The car also features numerous performance upgrades including a full suspension upgrade, larger brakes, a 9-inch rear end and carbon fiber driveshaft.
Since then Shelby gave us a sneak preview of the 1000 beginning production at the company’s facility in Las Vegas, but we haven’t seen any photos of completed cars. Until now. At the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County this weekend a 2012 Shelby 1000 painted in Sterling Gray is on display. Amazingly, the car looks even more subtle than the car show, in part due to the black wheels. Of course, the toned down look was all intended by Shelby, as company president John Luft told us at the car’s debut in April. “In the development sessions on the Shelby 1000 we sat there and thought that we should let this vehicle be understated as it relates to styling cues and identity and let’s let it speak for itself when the guy puts his foot into it,” he told us.
You can see the 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of the car in the comments section.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 brings $291,500
- Classic Design Concepts Flashback Mustang going to Barrett-Jackson auction in January
- Roush and Barrett-Jackson team up for limited edition Mustang
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: One-off Hagerty Fantasy Bid 2013 Shelby GT500
- Barret-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet R Code sells for $79,200
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: First production 2015 Ford Mustang raises $300,000 for charity
- 2000 Mustang Cobra R #2 up for auction at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "The Green Hornet" fails to sell at $1.8 million