Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
The 2012 Shelby 1000 debuted at the New York Auto Show earlier this year as the most powerful Mustang ever built by the legendary company with 950 horsepower in standard trim and 1,100 horsepower available for the track-only S/C version. The car also features numerous performance upgrades including a full suspension upgrade, larger brakes, a 9-inch rear end and carbon fiber driveshaft.
Since then Shelby gave us a sneak preview of the 1000 beginning production at the company’s facility in Las Vegas, but we haven’t seen any photos of completed cars. Until now. At the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County this weekend a 2012 Shelby 1000 painted in Sterling Gray is on display. Amazingly, the car looks even more subtle than the car show, in part due to the black wheels. Of course, the toned down look was all intended by Shelby, as company president John Luft told us at the car’s debut in April. “In the development sessions on the Shelby 1000 we sat there and thought that we should let this vehicle be understated as it relates to styling cues and identity and let’s let it speak for itself when the guy puts his foot into it,” he told us.
You can see the 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County in the gallery below, and let us know what you think of the car in the comments section.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: Road & Track gets sideway in the 2012 Shelby 1000
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- 2012 Shelby 1000 makes official debut at New York Auto Show
- 2012 Shelby 1000 revealed ahead of official New York debut
- Featured: 2012 Shelby 1000 Widebody
- SEMA 2012: Shelby 1000 makes an appearance in the Wilwood booth
- The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
- Production of first Shelby 1000 begins in Las Vegas
- Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Ring Brothers 1967 Ford Mustang "Kona" sells for $148,500