Photo Gallery: Galpin’s latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
Galpin Auto Sports has become synonymous with widebody Mustangs for the last couple years, building wild and aggressive looking cars like the 1000 horsepower Shelby GT500 Super Snake and Boss 302-X that debuted at SEMA last year. Now we’ve got a sneak peek of their latest widebody creation, with the company displaying a custom Shelby GT500 at the Barrett-Jackson Orange County auction this past weekend.
At first glance this Mustang looks a lot like Galpin’s other widebody creations, with the exception of the retro Pearl White paint and blue stripes, but in fact it’s slightly different than anything they’ve built before. The all-metal body panels add an incredible ten inches to the car – wider than any Mustang they’ve done – covering huge 20-inch three piece Forgiato wheels, 20×11.5 front and 20×13 rear, wrapped with Pirelli P-Zero tires, 295/30/20 front, 335/30/20 rear. The car also features a Ford Racing suspension and Bassani exhaust system.
You can see Galpin’s latest widebody Shelby GT500 in detail in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 survivor sells for $247,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake nets $154,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Shelby GT500 50th Anniversary Super Snake show car nets $209,000
- SEMA 2010: WD-40 unveils custom 2011 Mustang to benefit charity
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Lowest mileage 1967 Shelby GT500 in existence going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby Terlingua Continuation Mustang fetches $110,000
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang "Producer" goes for $286,000