Photo Gallery: Galpin’s latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
Galpin Auto Sports has become synonymous with widebody Mustangs for the last couple years, building wild and aggressive looking cars like the 1000 horsepower Shelby GT500 Super Snake and Boss 302-X that debuted at SEMA last year. Now we’ve got a sneak peek of their latest widebody creation, with the company displaying a custom Shelby GT500 at the Barrett-Jackson Orange County auction this past weekend.
At first glance this Mustang looks a lot like Galpin’s other widebody creations, with the exception of the retro Pearl White paint and blue stripes, but in fact it’s slightly different than anything they’ve built before. The all-metal body panels add an incredible ten inches to the car – wider than any Mustang they’ve done – covering huge 20-inch three piece Forgiato wheels, 20×11.5 front and 20×13 rear, wrapped with Pirelli P-Zero tires, 295/30/20 front, 335/30/20 rear. The car also features a Ford Racing suspension and Bassani exhaust system.
You can see Galpin’s latest widebody Shelby GT500 in detail in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- 2015 Shelby GT unveiled at Barrett-Jackson with up to 700+ horsepower
- One-off Shelby GT500s to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 brings $291,500
- Hurst Mustang Convertible Pace Car auctioned off for charity at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1966 Shelby GT350 sells for $247,500
- Roush to Auction Final Production P-51A Mustang for Charity
- Hurst Mustang Convertible pace car to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000