Photo Gallery: Galpin’s latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
Galpin Auto Sports has become synonymous with widebody Mustangs for the last couple years, building wild and aggressive looking cars like the 1000 horsepower Shelby GT500 Super Snake and Boss 302-X that debuted at SEMA last year. Now we’ve got a sneak peek of their latest widebody creation, with the company displaying a custom Shelby GT500 at the Barrett-Jackson Orange County auction this past weekend.
At first glance this Mustang looks a lot like Galpin’s other widebody creations, with the exception of the retro Pearl White paint and blue stripes, but in fact it’s slightly different than anything they’ve built before. The all-metal body panels add an incredible ten inches to the car – wider than any Mustang they’ve done – covering huge 20-inch three piece Forgiato wheels, 20×11.5 front and 20×13 rear, wrapped with Pirelli P-Zero tires, 295/30/20 front, 335/30/20 rear. The car also features a Ford Racing suspension and Bassani exhaust system.
You can see Galpin’s latest widebody Shelby GT500 in detail in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Hurst Mustang Convertible pace car to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Shelby unveils 2011 GT350 at Barrett-Jackson
- Abundance of Shelby Mustangs set for Barrett-Jackson's 2013 Scottsdale auction
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: First production 2015 Ford Mustang raises $300,000 for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $170,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1965 Shelby GT350 once owned by Ford sells for $242,000
- Ford to auction first 2016 Shelby GT350R for charity
- 2015 Shelby GT unveiled at Barrett-Jackson with up to 700+ horsepower
- Final 50 Year Limited Edition 2015 Mustang to be auctioned off for charity