Photo Gallery: Galpin’s latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
Galpin Auto Sports has become synonymous with widebody Mustangs for the last couple years, building wild and aggressive looking cars like the 1000 horsepower Shelby GT500 Super Snake and Boss 302-X that debuted at SEMA last year. Now we’ve got a sneak peek of their latest widebody creation, with the company displaying a custom Shelby GT500 at the Barrett-Jackson Orange County auction this past weekend.
At first glance this Mustang looks a lot like Galpin’s other widebody creations, with the exception of the retro Pearl White paint and blue stripes, but in fact it’s slightly different than anything they’ve built before. The all-metal body panels add an incredible ten inches to the car – wider than any Mustang they’ve done – covering huge 20-inch three piece Forgiato wheels, 20×11.5 front and 20×13 rear, wrapped with Pirelli P-Zero tires, 295/30/20 front, 335/30/20 rear. The car also features a Ford Racing suspension and Bassani exhaust system.
You can see Galpin’s latest widebody Shelby GT500 in detail in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: One-off Hagerty Fantasy Bid 2013 Shelby GT500
- One-off Shelby GT500s to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Alice Cooper's 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $51,700
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1965 Shelby GT350 once owned by Ford sells for $242,000
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Mint 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible nets $308,000
- Roush Barrett-Jackson Edition Mustang prototype auctioned off for $100,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 survivor sells for $247,500
- Mint 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Ring Brothers 1967 Ford Mustang "Kona" sells for $148,500