One-off 2013 Red Tails Mustang to be auctioned at EAA AirVenture
EAA AirVenture, the world’s greatest annual aviation celebration in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, has become known as the home for one-of-a-kind, aviation themed Ford Mustangs. For 2012, Ford, working with Creations n’ Chrome, has created a “Red Tails Edition” Mustang to honor the exploits of the famous Tuskegee Airmen, the first African American aviators in the United States Army Air Corps. This special Mustang will be auctioned off on Thursday, July 26th to benefit the EAA’s (Experimental Aircraft Association) Young Eagles Program.
For the past several years, Ford Motor Company has provided EAA with memorable auction vehicles such as the AV8R, the AV-X10 Dearborn Doll, the SR-71 Mustang and the Blue Angels Mustang that, in total, have raised more than $1.5 million for EAA’s Young Eagles Program. The Young Eagles Auction takes place at the “Gathering of Eagles” benefit each year at AirVenture. Ford Motor Company is the exclusive automotive partner and has been a proud supporter of EAA and Young Eagles through providing vehicles and donations each year to be raffled and auctioned.
The “Red Tails Edition” Ford Mustang celebrates the contribution of the Tuskegee Airmen and offers a creative connection to the World War II Mustang fighter plane with a contemporary flare for the serious collector. The VIN is #00051 of the 2013 MY build to align with the P-51 Mustangs flown by the Tuskegee Airmen. The one-of-a-kind exterior paint job of polished aluminum and silver chrome has red and yellow accents along with exciting elements consistent with the aircraft flown by the Tuskegee Airmen. The objective of the Red Tails Mustang is to build a highly valued vehicle that will excite both enthusiasts and collectors alike. The spectacular Mustang will be on display all week, July 23rd – July 29th, at the Ford Hangar at EAA AirVenture.
The auction for the “Red Tails Edition” Ford Mustang will take place on Thursday, July 26th at 7:30 PM (Central Time) at the EAA Museum in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. For those interested in an offsite bidding opportunity, arrangements can be made by calling Elissa Lines at 920/426-6101 or email@example.com. Visit www.airventure.org/gathering for more information.
- Creations n' Chrome previews Coyote-powered Fox Body Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- SEMA 2011: Creations n' Chrome Boy Racer Mustang
- Video: Creations n' Chrome's Boy Racer Mustang joins Adam Carolla on CarCast
- Ford previews 2011 SEMA Mustang lineup
- SEMA 2010: Creations n' Chrome "Pony Girl" 2011 Mustang
- Video: Creations n' Chrome's Boy Racer Mustang does 182 mph at the Mojave Mile
- SEMA Preview: Creations n' Chrome Boy Racer Mustang
- For Sale: Creations n' Chrome's Boy Racer Mustang up for grabs
- SEMA 2012: Creations n' Chrome "Top Notch" Mustang
- One-of-one Blue Angels Mustang GT to be auctioned off at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh