Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
Last week we told you about the 2013 Shelby GT500 participating in the Goodwood Festival of Speed as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby. Now, thanks to Ford of Europe, we have some footage of the GT500 taking on the famous hill climb. Ford doesn’t sell the Shelby in Britain or anywhere else in Europe, so this was their first chance to see the car in action. We’d like to think the GT500 represented itself well, leaving its mark on the course with a large burnout at the start line and tearing through the 1.16 mile course at a furious pace.
You can see the 2013 Shelby GT500 (as well as the Ford Fiesta ST) in action at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed in the video below.
- Video: 2015 Ford Mustang takes on the Goodwood Hill Climb
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show
- Shelby ending 2005-2014 Mustang production with GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000
- New Product: JLT Super Big Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500