Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
Last week we told you about the 2013 Shelby GT500 participating in the Goodwood Festival of Speed as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby. Now, thanks to Ford of Europe, we have some footage of the GT500 taking on the famous hill climb. Ford doesn’t sell the Shelby in Britain or anywhere else in Europe, so this was their first chance to see the car in action. We’d like to think the GT500 represented itself well, leaving its mark on the course with a large burnout at the start line and tearing through the 1.16 mile course at a furious pace.
You can see the 2013 Shelby GT500 (as well as the Ford Fiesta ST) in action at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed in the video below.
- Video: 2015 Ford Mustang takes on the Goodwood Hill Climb
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Video: Motor Trend pits the 2011 Shelby GT500 against the Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R