Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
Last week we told you about the 2013 Shelby GT500 participating in the Goodwood Festival of Speed as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby. Now, thanks to Ford of Europe, we have some footage of the GT500 taking on the famous hill climb. Ford doesn’t sell the Shelby in Britain or anywhere else in Europe, so this was their first chance to see the car in action. We’d like to think the GT500 represented itself well, leaving its mark on the course with a large burnout at the start line and tearing through the 1.16 mile course at a furious pace.
You can see the 2013 Shelby GT500 (as well as the Ford Fiesta ST) in action at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed in the video below.
- Video: 2015 Ford Mustang takes on the Goodwood Hill Climb
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson