Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
Last week we told you about the 2013 Shelby GT500 participating in the Goodwood Festival of Speed as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby. Now, thanks to Ford of Europe, we have some footage of the GT500 taking on the famous hill climb. Ford doesn’t sell the Shelby in Britain or anywhere else in Europe, so this was their first chance to see the car in action. We’d like to think the GT500 represented itself well, leaving its mark on the course with a large burnout at the start line and tearing through the 1.16 mile course at a furious pace.
You can see the 2013 Shelby GT500 (as well as the Ford Fiesta ST) in action at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed in the video below.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- Video: 2015 Ford Mustang takes on the Goodwood Hill Climb
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson