Video: Watch the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet get assembled
Ford Racing has already offered up plenty of inside access to the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet, showing us everything from the initial testing at the drag strip to photos of the cars under production at the AutoAlliance International assembly plant in Flat Rock, MI. Now with the 2013 Cobra Jet finally wrapping up production this month, Ford Racing is providing a unique look at how each of the cars is assembled with a new video showing each step of the production process.
The Cobra Jet assembly begins with interior and body preparation where the body is seam welded for added rigidity and items like the 8-point roll bar are installed. From there each car goes down the etching and paint line to prepare it for final paint. With the exterior finished the Cobra Jet heads to final assembly where the interior, engine, drivetrain and suspension are installed. As a final touch the now-famous Cobra Jet graphics are carefully put on the car, assuming the customer has ordered them, and after a final systems check and sign-off the car is ready to be shipped to its new owner.
You can watch the assembly process for the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet in the video below.
- New Product: Ford Racing 347/363/427 Pushrod Short Blocks
- This is Ford Racing's Mustang Concept at SEMA
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. one step closer to Formula Drift title with first place finish at Sonoma
- Ford Racing officially announces details and pricing for 2012 Cobra Jet, currently taking orders
- Ford Racing unveils Mustang Boss 302SX Concept at PRI
- New Product: Ford Racing 15-inch Brake Upgrade for the 2005-2014 Mustang
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Adjustable Handling Pack for the 2011 Mustang GT
- 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet production underway
- New Product: Ford Racing Boss 302S Wheel
- Ford Racing Mustang Challenge to be Featured in HD Reality Series