Video: Watch the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet get assembled
Ford Racing has already offered up plenty of inside access to the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet, showing us everything from the initial testing at the drag strip to photos of the cars under production at the AutoAlliance International assembly plant in Flat Rock, MI. Now with the 2013 Cobra Jet finally wrapping up production this month, Ford Racing is providing a unique look at how each of the cars is assembled with a new video showing each step of the production process.
The Cobra Jet assembly begins with interior and body preparation where the body is seam welded for added rigidity and items like the 8-point roll bar are installed. From there each car goes down the etching and paint line to prepare it for final paint. With the exterior finished the Cobra Jet heads to final assembly where the interior, engine, drivetrain and suspension are installed. As a final touch the now-famous Cobra Jet graphics are carefully put on the car, assuming the customer has ordered them, and after a final systems check and sign-off the car is ready to be shipped to its new owner.
You can watch the assembly process for the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet in the video below.
- New Product: Boss 302R intake manifold for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- Ford Racing Mustang sets production car world record in half-mile speed trials
- Ford Racing adds two new wheel options for the S197 Mustang
- Boss 302R Mustang finishes fourth in Grand-Am debut
- Photo Gallery: Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown at Milan Dragway
- Ford unveils next generation Mustang racecar, the Boss 302R
- TracKey to limit the Boss 302's powertrain warranty to 3 years / 36,000 miles
- Ford Racing announces contingency package and driver registration for 2011
- Buyers Guide: Supercharger systems for the 2011+ Mustang 5.0
- New Product: Ford Racing brake duct kit for the 2010+ Mustang