Video: Watch the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet get assembled
Ford Racing has already offered up plenty of inside access to the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet, showing us everything from the initial testing at the drag strip to photos of the cars under production at the AutoAlliance International assembly plant in Flat Rock, MI. Now with the 2013 Cobra Jet finally wrapping up production this month, Ford Racing is providing a unique look at how each of the cars is assembled with a new video showing each step of the production process.
The Cobra Jet assembly begins with interior and body preparation where the body is seam welded for added rigidity and items like the 8-point roll bar are installed. From there each car goes down the etching and paint line to prepare it for final paint. With the exterior finished the Cobra Jet heads to final assembly where the interior, engine, drivetrain and suspension are installed. As a final touch the now-famous Cobra Jet graphics are carefully put on the car, assuming the customer has ordered them, and after a final systems check and sign-off the car is ready to be shipped to its new owner.
You can watch the assembly process for the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet in the video below.
- Buyers Guide: Supercharger systems for the 2011+ Mustang 5.0
- Updated 2010 FR500CJ Cobra Jet Mustang introduced at SEMA
- SEMA 2012: Roush, Ford Racing and Sherwin-Williams team up for custom 700 horsepower Stage 3 Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Edelbrock announces winner of 75th Anniversary 2013 Ford Mustang GT
- 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet production underway
- Ford Racing doubles warranty on select crate engines to 2 years / 24,000 miles
- 2013 Cobra Jet engines now available from Ford Racing
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Video: Coyote Countdown at the Carlisle All Ford Nationals