Video: Watch the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet get assembled
Ford Racing has already offered up plenty of inside access to the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet, showing us everything from the initial testing at the drag strip to photos of the cars under production at the AutoAlliance International assembly plant in Flat Rock, MI. Now with the 2013 Cobra Jet finally wrapping up production this month, Ford Racing is providing a unique look at how each of the cars is assembled with a new video showing each step of the production process.
The Cobra Jet assembly begins with interior and body preparation where the body is seam welded for added rigidity and items like the 8-point roll bar are installed. From there each car goes down the etching and paint line to prepare it for final paint. With the exterior finished the Cobra Jet heads to final assembly where the interior, engine, drivetrain and suspension are installed. As a final touch the now-famous Cobra Jet graphics are carefully put on the car, assuming the customer has ordered them, and after a final systems check and sign-off the car is ready to be shipped to its new owner.
You can watch the assembly process for the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet in the video below.
- 2013 Ford Mustang Competition Kit now available from Ford Racing
- Ford Mustang FR500S Dominates in its Competition Debut
- 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet production underway
- New Product: Ford Racing coil covers for the 2011+ Mustang 5.0
- New Product: Ford Racing 5.0L DOHC Aluminator Crate Engine
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack for the 2011 Shelby GT500
- Meet Ford Racing's 2013 Mustang project car
- Ford Racing Performance Parts releases 2011 catalog
- Ford Racing officially announces details and pricing for 2012 Cobra Jet, currently taking orders
- Ford Racing unleashes twin-turbo Cobra Jet Concept