The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- 2012 Shelby 1000 revealed ahead of official New York debut
- 2012 Shelby 1000 makes official debut at New York Auto Show
- SEMA 2012: Shelby 1000 makes an appearance in the Wilwood booth
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- Video: Road & Track gets sideway in the 2012 Shelby 1000
- Production of first Shelby 1000 begins in Las Vegas
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Featured: 2012 Shelby 1000 Widebody
- Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
- Reggie Jackson's 1965 Shelby GT350 going up for auction