The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- SEMA 2013: Manny Galvan's 1,000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Featured: Jason Cenora's Shelby CS8 Mustang
- Reggie Jackson's 1965 Shelby GT350 going up for auction
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000
- Shelby to unveil fastest Mustang yet at New York Auto Show
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- 2013 Shelby GT350 reviewed by Autoblog