The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- Shelby announces final specs, 624 horsepower "R" tune option for 2011 GT350
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra unveiled as tribute to Carroll
- 2013 Shelby GT500 with 600+ horsepower in the works?
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- Production of first Shelby 1000 begins in Las Vegas
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- Shelby unveils 2013 GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- Video: Tasca Mod Shop shows off Ford Racing's 750 horsepower Shelby GT500 supercharger