The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- Shelby teams up with David Yurman for limited edition watches
- The legendary Carroll Shelby passes away at age 89
- Shelby releases 2010-2011 parts catalog
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Shelby Mustangs at the 2009 Coronado Speed Festival
- eBay Find: Black-on-Black 2012 Shelby GTS
- New Product: Shelby 'Venice' Wheel for the 2005+ Ford Mustang