The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Video: 2011 Shelby GT500 laps Virginia International Raceway
- Shelby GTS officially announced at New York Auto Show
- Shelby builds one-off GT500 Super Snake 'Need for Speed' Edition
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Used Shelby GT350s selling for more than brand new ones