The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- New Product: Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust System for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Shelby announces turbo package for 2005-2009 Mustang GTs
- The top 10 Shelby Mustangs of all time
- Rare 1965 Shelby GT350R fails to meet reserve at $730,000 at RM's Arizona auction
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Shelby considering additional models including V6, Twin-Turbo GT500
- Video: Motor Trend finds out if the 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake's 850 horsepower is too much
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show