The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- Shelby wrapping up production of 427 Super Snake and 40th Anniversary packages for the GT500
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- German tuner Geiger builds Shelby GT640 "Golden Snake"
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake sells for record $1.3 million at Mecum
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000
- Shelby to unveil 800 horsepower 2012 GT500 Super Snake at New York Auto Show
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- Yacht company proposes Shelby GT500 Super Snake Wagon
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed