The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- Video: Hennessey Shelby GT500 with Venom 600R package on the dyno
- Shelby announces expansion of 2011 GT350 lineup with automatic, naturally aspirated versions
- Ford Mustangs help celebrate all things Shelby at 50th anniversary Cobra reunion
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- RK Motors debuts custom 1967 Shelby GT500 RK527
- Shelby to open new headquarters in Las Vegas later this year
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500