The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Last classic Shelby GT350 built going under the hammer
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Shelby GTS to be revealed at New York Auto Show
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake sells for record $1.3 million at Mecum
- Video: Watch a Shelby GT500 blow up a dyno
- Ford to auction first 2016 Shelby GT350R for charity