The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- Shelby announces expansion of 2011 GT350 lineup with automatic, naturally aspirated versions
- New Product: Shelby Track Pack for the S197 Mustang
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Video: Watch a Shelby GT500 blow up a dyno
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- SEMA 2013: Manny Galvan's 1,000 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500 Widebody