The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Shelby announces final specs, 624 horsepower "R" tune option for 2011 GT350
- Shelby teams up with David Yurman for limited edition watches
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- The legendary Carroll Shelby passes away at age 89
- Shelby to raffle 2011 GT350 prototype for charity