The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- Featured: Jason Cenora's Shelby CS8 Mustang
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- Video: Watch a Shelby GT500 blow up a dyno
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GTS live at the New York Auto Show
- Shelby announces GT500 Super Snake package for 2010
- Featured: 2012 Shelby 1000 Widebody
- Winner announced for the 2011 Win-a-Shelby Raffle
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide