The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- Photo Gallery: Shelby Mustangs at the 2013 Monterey Motorsports Reunion
- Shelby announces widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Ford Mustang
- Lowest mileage 1967 Shelby GT500 in existence going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Ford announces return of the Shelby GT500KR for 2008
- Video: 2011 Shelby Super Snake vs Shelby 427 Cobra
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Shelby builds one-off GT500 Super Snake 'Need for Speed' Edition
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- The top 10 Shelby Mustangs of all time
- 2013 Shelby GT500 with 600+ horsepower in the works?