The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Shelby GT350 Convertible Widebody to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- Ford to launch Shelby GT350 model in 2016, Mach 1 returning as well
- Shelby American Collection raffling off 2014 Shelby GT500
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake going up for auction in May
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- SR-71 Mustang sells for $375,000 at EAA AirVenture auction
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Photo Gallery: Shelby Mustangs at the 2013 Monterey Motorsports Reunion