The sights and sounds of the Shelby 1000 at the drag strip
Remember that Sterling Gray Shelby 1000 that we saw on display at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Orange County last month? Well it’s back, this time at the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where Shelby was doing passes to get video and sound clips of the car. According to Shelby the car is an S/C version, which means the modified supercharged 5.4-liter V8 is producing more than 1,100 horsepower. Unfortunately it looks like they weren’t recording any times, although we’d love to know what the beast could do in the quarter mile. Perhaps one of the magazines will get their hands on the car soon and we will find out.
While Shelby didn’t record any data on the track, they did get plenty of videos and pictures of the car on track and were kind enough to share them with us. You can watch the Shelby 1000 do several standing starts / burnouts at the drag strip or check out the of photos in the videos and gallery below.
- SEMA 2013: Galpin Auto Sports goes blue with widebody Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- eBay Find: Rare 2007 Shelby GT-H Convertible with 5-speed manual
- Classic Recreations reveals 1966 Shelby GT350CR, will auction off prototype in August
- Shelby unveils 2011 GT350 at Barrett-Jackson
- SVT Performance Package ups the ante for the 2011 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- Rare 1965 Shelby GT350R fails to meet reserve at $730,000 at RM's Arizona auction