Video: 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet makes its first ever competitive pass
The 2013 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet made its competition debut this past weekend, and the results were nothing less than impressive. In the ADRL Summer Drags VIII at the U.S. 131 Motorsports Park in Martin, Michigan the 2013 Cobra Jet made its first ever pass, running a 6.02 @ 115 mph in the 1/8th mile in the hands of 24 year-old Drew Skillman. Unfortunately Skillman couldn’t make it a debut win for the car, although another driver, Bo Butner took top honors to continue the Cobra Jet’s undefeated season in the ADRL’s Supercar Showdown class.
At the same time over on the West Coast the 2013 Cobra Jet was making its NHRA debut with new owner Gary Coe running consistent 9.60s in qualifying. Coe was knocked out in the first round, but the car won the “Best Engineered Award” at the event, marking the first time a factory-built car has won the award.
You can watch the 2013 Cobra Jet’s first pass down the drag strip at the ADRL event in the video below.
- Ford Mustang Cobra Jet dominates in weekend's NHRA, ADRL Supercar Showdown races
- Ford Mustang Cobra Jet can do 0-60 mph in 1.52 seconds, 0-100 mph in 3.26 seconds
- Mustang Cobra Jet gets second straight win in Supercar Showdown
- Video: Mustang Cobra Jet action from the ADRL Supercar Showdown in Ohio
- Video: Watch a Ford Mustang Cobra Jet do a massive wheel stand
- 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet to make competition debut this weekend at ADRL Supercar Showdown