1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
We always love seeing barn finds, particular Ford Mustangs, and this genuine 1968 Shelby GT350 is no exception. According to the seller, who posted the car on Craigslist in New York, the car has been sitting dormant for the past 30 years and is 95 percent original and numbers matching with just over 50,000 miles on the odometer. As you can see from the pictures the Shelby’s Acapulco Blue paint has seen better days, but apparently the 302ci V8 is running and the interior is in good condition. A Marti Report and the original build sheet also comes with the car.
While we don’t know how much the seller wants for this GT350, we can’t imagine he’ll let it go for cheap. The car may not as desirable as the 1967 Shelby GT500 found in Death Valley or the 1965 GT350 that sold at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year, but very valuable nonetheless.
You can see the 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find in detail in the gallery below.
- RK Motors debuts custom 1967 Shelby GT500 RK527
- 2012 Shelby 1000 makes official debut at New York Auto Show
- Galpin Auto Sports named as official Shelby Mod Shop
- Ford Mustangs help celebrate all things Shelby at 50th anniversary Cobra reunion
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- The top 10 Shelby Mustangs of all time
- 2013 Shelby 1000 previewed ahead of New York Auto Show debut
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Yacht company proposes Shelby GT500 Super Snake Wagon
- Shelby begins production at their new Las Vegas facility