1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
We always love seeing barn finds, particular Ford Mustangs, and this genuine 1968 Shelby GT350 is no exception. According to the seller, who posted the car on Craigslist in New York, the car has been sitting dormant for the past 30 years and is 95 percent original and numbers matching with just over 50,000 miles on the odometer. As you can see from the pictures the Shelby’s Acapulco Blue paint has seen better days, but apparently the 302ci V8 is running and the interior is in good condition. A Marti Report and the original build sheet also comes with the car.
While we don’t know how much the seller wants for this GT350, we can’t imagine he’ll let it go for cheap. The car may not as desirable as the 1967 Shelby GT500 found in Death Valley or the 1965 GT350 that sold at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year, but very valuable nonetheless.
You can see the 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find in detail in the gallery below.
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find sells for $385,000
- 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find to go up for auction at Barrett-Jackson in January
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR w/ Coyote 5.0L V8 crate engine
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra unveiled as tribute to Carroll
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- 2011 Shelby GT350 auction raises $200,000 for charity
- 1965 Shelby GT350R sells for $990,000 at RM auction
- SEMA 2013: Galpin Auto Sports goes blue with widebody Shelby GT500