1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
We always love seeing barn finds, particular Ford Mustangs, and this genuine 1968 Shelby GT350 is no exception. According to the seller, who posted the car on Craigslist in New York, the car has been sitting dormant for the past 30 years and is 95 percent original and numbers matching with just over 50,000 miles on the odometer. As you can see from the pictures the Shelby’s Acapulco Blue paint has seen better days, but apparently the 302ci V8 is running and the interior is in good condition. A Marti Report and the original build sheet also comes with the car.
While we don’t know how much the seller wants for this GT350, we can’t imagine he’ll let it go for cheap. The car may not as desirable as the 1967 Shelby GT500 found in Death Valley or the 1965 GT350 that sold at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year, but very valuable nonetheless.
You can see the 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find in detail in the gallery below.
- Motor Trend tests the 2011 Shelby GT350 prototype, hits 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds
- Shelby unveils 2012 GT500 Super Snake at New York Auto Show
- Shelby unveils 2012 GT350 with new colors, convertible option
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- 2015 Shelby GT unveiled at Barrett-Jackson with up to 700+ horsepower
- Photo Gallery: 2016 Shelby GT350
- Photo Gallery: One-off Hagerty Fantasy Bid 2013 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GTS Widebody
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG