1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
We always love seeing barn finds, particular Ford Mustangs, and this genuine 1968 Shelby GT350 is no exception. According to the seller, who posted the car on Craigslist in New York, the car has been sitting dormant for the past 30 years and is 95 percent original and numbers matching with just over 50,000 miles on the odometer. As you can see from the pictures the Shelby’s Acapulco Blue paint has seen better days, but apparently the 302ci V8 is running and the interior is in good condition. A Marti Report and the original build sheet also comes with the car.
While we don’t know how much the seller wants for this GT350, we can’t imagine he’ll let it go for cheap. The car may not as desirable as the 1967 Shelby GT500 found in Death Valley or the 1965 GT350 that sold at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year, but very valuable nonetheless.
You can see the 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find in detail in the gallery below.
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Shelby officially unveils Anniversary Edition Mustangs
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Video: Twin-Turbo Shelby GT500 puts out 884 rwhp and 876 rwtq on the dyno
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Order Guide
- Shelby announces turbo package for 2005-2009 Mustang GTs
- 2012 Shelby 1000 revealed ahead of official New York debut
- Photo Gallery: Shelby Mustangs at the 2011 Monterey Motorsports Reunion