1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
We always love seeing barn finds, particular Ford Mustangs, and this genuine 1968 Shelby GT350 is no exception. According to the seller, who posted the car on Craigslist in New York, the car has been sitting dormant for the past 30 years and is 95 percent original and numbers matching with just over 50,000 miles on the odometer. As you can see from the pictures the Shelby’s Acapulco Blue paint has seen better days, but apparently the 302ci V8 is running and the interior is in good condition. A Marti Report and the original build sheet also comes with the car.
While we don’t know how much the seller wants for this GT350, we can’t imagine he’ll let it go for cheap. The car may not as desirable as the 1967 Shelby GT500 found in Death Valley or the 1965 GT350 that sold at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year, but very valuable nonetheless.
You can see the 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find in detail in the gallery below.
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GTS
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT350CR model
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- Shelby announces Super Snake package for 2011 GT500 with up to 800 horsepower
- Shelby Mustangs at the 2009 Coronado Speed Festival
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- Shelby to once again partner with Hertz for rent-a-racer Mustang?
- 2nd Annual Carroll Shelby Car Show & Tribute
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500