1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
We always love seeing barn finds, particular Ford Mustangs, and this genuine 1968 Shelby GT350 is no exception. According to the seller, who posted the car on Craigslist in New York, the car has been sitting dormant for the past 30 years and is 95 percent original and numbers matching with just over 50,000 miles on the odometer. As you can see from the pictures the Shelby’s Acapulco Blue paint has seen better days, but apparently the 302ci V8 is running and the interior is in good condition. A Marti Report and the original build sheet also comes with the car.
While we don’t know how much the seller wants for this GT350, we can’t imagine he’ll let it go for cheap. The car may not as desirable as the 1967 Shelby GT500 found in Death Valley or the 1965 GT350 that sold at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year, but very valuable nonetheless.
You can see the 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find in detail in the gallery below.
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- Shelby to unveil 800 horsepower 2012 GT500 Super Snake at New York Auto Show
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- German tuner Geiger builds Shelby GT640 "Golden Snake"
- First annual Carroll Shelby Tribute and Car Show announced for next month
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- 2011 Shelby GT350 trounces Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 in Road and Track comparison test
- SEMA 2013: Galpin Auto Sports goes blue with widebody Shelby GT500
- Video: Tasca Mod Shop shows off Ford Racing's 750 horsepower Shelby GT500 supercharger
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8