1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
We always love seeing barn finds, particular Ford Mustangs, and this genuine 1968 Shelby GT350 is no exception. According to the seller, who posted the car on Craigslist in New York, the car has been sitting dormant for the past 30 years and is 95 percent original and numbers matching with just over 50,000 miles on the odometer. As you can see from the pictures the Shelby’s Acapulco Blue paint has seen better days, but apparently the 302ci V8 is running and the interior is in good condition. A Marti Report and the original build sheet also comes with the car.
While we don’t know how much the seller wants for this GT350, we can’t imagine he’ll let it go for cheap. The car may not as desirable as the 1967 Shelby GT500 found in Death Valley or the 1965 GT350 that sold at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year, but very valuable nonetheless.
You can see the 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find in detail in the gallery below.
- Classic Recreations announces availability of Shelby GT500CR Venom
- Shelby American Collection raffling off 2014 Shelby GT500
- Shelby announces GT500 Super Snake package for 2010
- One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned off for charity at second annual "Get Your Heart Racing" fundraiser
- SEMA 2013: Classic Recreations shows off Coyote-powered 1967 Shelby GT500CR
- SEMA 2013: Ice Nine 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Shelby, Ford to Continue Building the GT500KR in 2009
- Production of first Shelby 1000 begins in Las Vegas
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra unveiled as tribute to Carroll
- Mecum to auction rare 1965 Shelby GT350 Prototype