1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
We always love seeing barn finds, particular Ford Mustangs, and this genuine 1968 Shelby GT350 is no exception. According to the seller, who posted the car on Craigslist in New York, the car has been sitting dormant for the past 30 years and is 95 percent original and numbers matching with just over 50,000 miles on the odometer. As you can see from the pictures the Shelby’s Acapulco Blue paint has seen better days, but apparently the 302ci V8 is running and the interior is in good condition. A Marti Report and the original build sheet also comes with the car.
While we don’t know how much the seller wants for this GT350, we can’t imagine he’ll let it go for cheap. The car may not as desirable as the 1967 Shelby GT500 found in Death Valley or the 1965 GT350 that sold at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year, but very valuable nonetheless.
You can see the 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find in detail in the gallery below.
- Rare 1970 Shelby GT500 going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Shelby to unveil fastest Mustang yet at New York Auto Show
- Video: This amazing, functional Shelby GT500 is built entirely out of Legos
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra raises $200,000 for charity
- Shelby Mustangs at the 2009 Coronado Speed Festival
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake going up for auction in May
- Video: Shelby 1000 plays starring role in David Yurman watch commercial