1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
We always love seeing barn finds, particular Ford Mustangs, and this genuine 1968 Shelby GT350 is no exception. According to the seller, who posted the car on Craigslist in New York, the car has been sitting dormant for the past 30 years and is 95 percent original and numbers matching with just over 50,000 miles on the odometer. As you can see from the pictures the Shelby’s Acapulco Blue paint has seen better days, but apparently the 302ci V8 is running and the interior is in good condition. A Marti Report and the original build sheet also comes with the car.
While we don’t know how much the seller wants for this GT350, we can’t imagine he’ll let it go for cheap. The car may not as desirable as the 1967 Shelby GT500 found in Death Valley or the 1965 GT350 that sold at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year, but very valuable nonetheless.
You can see the 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find in detail in the gallery below.
- Live photos of the 2011 Shelby GT500 from the Chicago Auto Show
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack for the 2011 Shelby GT500
- Shelby unveils 2011 GT350 at Barrett-Jackson
- SEMA 2010: Corsa announces 2011 Shelby GT500 exhaust system
- 2012 Shelby 1000 revealed ahead of official New York debut
- 2011 Shelby GT350 to serve as pace car for NASCAR Las Vegas race
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake nets $154,000
- SEMA 2013: Galpin Auto Sports goes blue with widebody Shelby GT500
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8