1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
We always love seeing barn finds, particular Ford Mustangs, and this genuine 1968 Shelby GT350 is no exception. According to the seller, who posted the car on Craigslist in New York, the car has been sitting dormant for the past 30 years and is 95 percent original and numbers matching with just over 50,000 miles on the odometer. As you can see from the pictures the Shelby’s Acapulco Blue paint has seen better days, but apparently the 302ci V8 is running and the interior is in good condition. A Marti Report and the original build sheet also comes with the car.
While we don’t know how much the seller wants for this GT350, we can’t imagine he’ll let it go for cheap. The car may not as desirable as the 1967 Shelby GT500 found in Death Valley or the 1965 GT350 that sold at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year, but very valuable nonetheless.
You can see the 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find in detail in the gallery below.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra unveiled as tribute to Carroll
- Shelby unveils 2012 GT500 Super Snake at New York Auto Show
- New Product: Shelby Fuel Rail Kit for the 2005-2010 Mustang GT
- New Product: Shelby 'Venice' Wheel for the 2005+ Ford Mustang
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Shelby unveils 800 horsepower Prudhomme Edition Super Snake Mustang
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find sells for $385,000