1968 Shelby GT350 barn find recovered after 30 years
We always love seeing barn finds, particular Ford Mustangs, and this genuine 1968 Shelby GT350 is no exception. According to the seller, who posted the car on Craigslist in New York, the car has been sitting dormant for the past 30 years and is 95 percent original and numbers matching with just over 50,000 miles on the odometer. As you can see from the pictures the Shelby’s Acapulco Blue paint has seen better days, but apparently the 302ci V8 is running and the interior is in good condition. A Marti Report and the original build sheet also comes with the car.
While we don’t know how much the seller wants for this GT350, we can’t imagine he’ll let it go for cheap. The car may not as desirable as the 1967 Shelby GT500 found in Death Valley or the 1965 GT350 that sold at Barrett-Jackson earlier this year, but very valuable nonetheless.
You can see the 1968 Shelby GT350 barn find in detail in the gallery below.
- 1965 Shelby GT350R going up for auction later this month
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GTS Anniversary Edition
- Shelby to open new headquarters in Las Vegas later this year
- One-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake going up for auction in May
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Mint 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible nets $308,000
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- 1966 Shelby GT350H race car to cross the block in Monterey
- Second production 2011 Shelby GT350 to be auctioned for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital