2009 Shelby GT500KR owned by Carroll Shelby going up for auction
Car enthusiasts will have an opportunity to purchase a rare Mustang personally owned by American automotive legend Carroll Shelby when it goes up for sale at The Vicari Auction Company’s 16th annual Biloxi Auction, Oct. 12-13, 2012, at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum & Convention Center in Biloxi, Miss. Vicari will auction a 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR that was delivered to the late Shelby for his home/ranch as CSM #445. The vehicle comes well documented with a copy of the previous title in Shelby’s name, certificates of authenticity for the car and Carroll Shelby’s signature on the dash, and the bill of sale from Shelby to the current owner.
“The current owner bought this Shelby GT500KR as an investment piece, storing it in a garage and taking it out for the occasional car show,” said Pete Vicari, president of Vicari Auction. “It has less than 1,600 actual miles on the odometer, and both the consigner and the Vicari Auction team are eager for a new enthusiast to enjoy a vehicle that was previously owned by such a legendary name in the performance automotive industry.”
In 2009, 712 Shelby GT500KR cars were produced, 236 of which had the Ebony Black paint and Satin Ebony Stripe option featured on this model. This Shelby GT500KR is powered by a supercharged 5.4L V8 producing 540 HP @ 6,250 RPM and 510 lbs.-ft of torque @ 4,500 RPM. It goes from 0-60 mph in 4.3 seconds and has a quarter-mile ET of 12.5 seconds at 114 mph.
The Shelby GT500KR will join more than 400 classic and muscle cars crossing the block at Vicari’s Biloxi Auction, which takes place during the Cruisin’ The Coast event, Oct. 7-14, 2012.
General admission to the auction is $12.50 per day. Additional consignment and bidder information is available at www.vicariauction.com or by calling 504.875.3563.
[Source: Vicari Auction]
- Lowest mileage Ford Mustang Boss 429 in existence going up for auction
- Rare 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible up for grabs at Barrett-Jackson
- Impressive Ford Mustang collection going up for auction in August
- Winningest 1965 Shelby GT350R to be sold at RM's Amelia Island auction
- Need for Speed Ford Mustang movie car to be sold at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction
- Last classic Shelby GT350 built going under the hammer
- Mint 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- 1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R with 600 miles going up for auction
- 2011 Shelby GT350 auction raises $200,000 for charity