2009 Shelby GT500KR owned by Carroll Shelby going up for auction
Car enthusiasts will have an opportunity to purchase a rare Mustang personally owned by American automotive legend Carroll Shelby when it goes up for sale at The Vicari Auction Company’s 16th annual Biloxi Auction, Oct. 12-13, 2012, at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum & Convention Center in Biloxi, Miss. Vicari will auction a 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR that was delivered to the late Shelby for his home/ranch as CSM #445. The vehicle comes well documented with a copy of the previous title in Shelby’s name, certificates of authenticity for the car and Carroll Shelby’s signature on the dash, and the bill of sale from Shelby to the current owner.
“The current owner bought this Shelby GT500KR as an investment piece, storing it in a garage and taking it out for the occasional car show,” said Pete Vicari, president of Vicari Auction. “It has less than 1,600 actual miles on the odometer, and both the consigner and the Vicari Auction team are eager for a new enthusiast to enjoy a vehicle that was previously owned by such a legendary name in the performance automotive industry.”
In 2009, 712 Shelby GT500KR cars were produced, 236 of which had the Ebony Black paint and Satin Ebony Stripe option featured on this model. This Shelby GT500KR is powered by a supercharged 5.4L V8 producing 540 HP @ 6,250 RPM and 510 lbs.-ft of torque @ 4,500 RPM. It goes from 0-60 mph in 4.3 seconds and has a quarter-mile ET of 12.5 seconds at 114 mph.
The Shelby GT500KR will join more than 400 classic and muscle cars crossing the block at Vicari’s Biloxi Auction, which takes place during the Cruisin’ The Coast event, Oct. 7-14, 2012.
General admission to the auction is $12.50 per day. Additional consignment and bidder information is available at www.vicariauction.com or by calling 504.875.3563.
[Source: Vicari Auction]
- One-off Roush Stage 3 Mustang raises $100,000 for charity at auction
- One-of-one Blue Angels Mustang GT to be auctioned off at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh
- Roush Barrett-Jackson Edition Mustang prototype auctioned off for $100,000
- Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor Hero Car sells for cool $1 million
- Final 50 Year Limited Edition 2015 Mustang to be auctioned off for charity
- Rare 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible up for grabs at Barrett-Jackson
- Lee Iacocca's personal 45th Anniversary Edition Mustang up for auction to benefit charity
- Final Roush P-51A Mustang Auctioned Off for Charity for $135,000
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustangs at Mecum's 2013 Monterey Auction
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity