2009 Shelby GT500KR owned by Carroll Shelby going up for auction
Car enthusiasts will have an opportunity to purchase a rare Mustang personally owned by American automotive legend Carroll Shelby when it goes up for sale at The Vicari Auction Company’s 16th annual Biloxi Auction, Oct. 12-13, 2012, at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum & Convention Center in Biloxi, Miss. Vicari will auction a 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR that was delivered to the late Shelby for his home/ranch as CSM #445. The vehicle comes well documented with a copy of the previous title in Shelby’s name, certificates of authenticity for the car and Carroll Shelby’s signature on the dash, and the bill of sale from Shelby to the current owner.
“The current owner bought this Shelby GT500KR as an investment piece, storing it in a garage and taking it out for the occasional car show,” said Pete Vicari, president of Vicari Auction. “It has less than 1,600 actual miles on the odometer, and both the consigner and the Vicari Auction team are eager for a new enthusiast to enjoy a vehicle that was previously owned by such a legendary name in the performance automotive industry.”
In 2009, 712 Shelby GT500KR cars were produced, 236 of which had the Ebony Black paint and Satin Ebony Stripe option featured on this model. This Shelby GT500KR is powered by a supercharged 5.4L V8 producing 540 HP @ 6,250 RPM and 510 lbs.-ft of torque @ 4,500 RPM. It goes from 0-60 mph in 4.3 seconds and has a quarter-mile ET of 12.5 seconds at 114 mph.
The Shelby GT500KR will join more than 400 classic and muscle cars crossing the block at Vicari’s Biloxi Auction, which takes place during the Cruisin’ The Coast event, Oct. 7-14, 2012.
General admission to the auction is $12.50 per day. Additional consignment and bidder information is available at www.vicariauction.com or by calling 504.875.3563.
[Source: Vicari Auction]
- 'Need for Speed' Ford Mustang sells for $300,000 at Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach
- Rare 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Super Cobra Jet going up for auction
- One-of-one Blue Angels Mustang GT to be auctioned off at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh
- 1965 Shelby GT350R going up for auction later this month
- Parnelli Jones' 1969 Boss 302 Trans-Am Mustang going up for auction
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1965 Shelby GT350 sells for $374,000
- Matching Ring Brothers Mustangs going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Shelby announces turbo package for 2005-2009 Mustang GTs