Cobra Jet Showdown returning for 2012
The NMCA Flowmaster Muscle Car Nationals will host the Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown Presented by Diversified Products Marketing, a special event to be run in conjunction with the 6th Annual JE Pistons NMCA Muscle Car Nationals, at Milan Dragway in Milan, Michigan, August 24-26, 2012. All 2008-2013 Cobra Jet owners are invited to participate at the Showdown.
“The Cobra Jet Showdown was a huge success in 2011 and we are happy to have the opportunity with NMCA to bring even more Cobra Jet owners together for 2012. The Cobra Jet Showdown gives all owners the opportunity to experience their Cobra Jet and interact with the community of fellow owners and Ford Racing staff.” said Jesse Kershaw, Drag Racing Competition Manager, Ford Racing Performance Group. “It’s a unique opportunity that all Cobra Jet owners should participate in and an excellent show for all fans of production based racing.”
The Cobra Jets will be showcased in three no breakout Eliminators; two heads-up classes and a competition Index (CIC) class:
- CJ-TS (Top Stock): Stocker trim Cobra Jets utilizing the 2.3-liter or 2.9-liter supercharger or 427/428cid naturally aspirated engines.
- SS-CJ (Super Stock): 4.0-liter supercharged Cobra Jet’s in SS trim.
- CJ-CIC: A separate class, where Cobra Jet racers not competing in either of the heads-up classes can race against each other at the Showdown for a cash purse.
CJ-TS and SS-CJ will run modified NHRA Stock and Super Stock rules, respectively.
King of the Cobra Jets: Heads-up class winners will race each other with a handicapped start based on their quickest time, with no breakout, to crown the 2012 King of the Cobra Jets.
All prize money courtesy of Ford Racing and Diversified Products Marketing.
All 3 Cobra Jet Showdown classes will qualify on Friday, and run on a Sportsman ladder with a .500 full tree for Saturday eliminations. Each class will feature a $2,300 purse and the overall winner of the Showdown (King of the Cobra Jets) will receive an additional $1,000.
- Roush propane-powered Mustang captures first victory
- NMCA to host Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown in August
- Photo Gallery: Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown at Milan Dragway