Spy Photos: 2015 Mustang interior revealed
Much of the speculation of the upcoming 2015 Mustang’s design has been about the exterior, although we’re perhaps just as curious about what Ford will do with the interior. With widespread speculation that the next generation will be a global vehicle, it’s likely that Ford will be designing the cockpit to appeal to a wider variety of international buyers. Undoubtedly Ford will make the interior less retro, as Ford’s lead designer, J Mays, has said the exterior will feature more futuristic styling.
Thankfully we don’t have to wait anymore to get our first look at the inside of the 2015 Mustang, as InsideLine.com’s spy photographers have managed to get images of the interior of an engineering test mule. Perhaps most noticeable is the new multi-function steering wheel with MyFord Touch, and a new instrument panel similar to the 2013 F-150′s can also be seen. Keep in mind that plenty of changes could be made before the design if finalized, and Inside Line does point out that it’s impossible to say whether these new elements will actually be used or if Ford is simply testing out the new components. One thing for sure is that technology will certainly play a larger part in the next generation Mustang.
You can see the spy photos of the 2015 Mustang interior below.
- 2015 Ford Mustang online configurator is up and running
- CarBuzz.com offers up latest batch of 2015 Ford Mustang renderings
- Check out the entire 2015 Ford Mustang color palette
- 2015 Mustang rendered as three pony car legends
- Report: Automotive designers say 2015 Mustang will be 'stunning'
- Video: 2015 Ford Mustang takes on the Goodwood Hill Climb
- Photo Gallery: The 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition debuts in New York
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Car and Driver
- How Ford will push sales of the 2015 Mustang EcoBoost and discourage buying the V6
- Photo Gallery: 2015 Ford Mustang in Ingot Silver