Spy Photos: 2015 Mustang interior revealed
Much of the speculation of the upcoming 2015 Mustang’s design has been about the exterior, although we’re perhaps just as curious about what Ford will do with the interior. With widespread speculation that the next generation will be a global vehicle, it’s likely that Ford will be designing the cockpit to appeal to a wider variety of international buyers. Undoubtedly Ford will make the interior less retro, as Ford’s lead designer, J Mays, has said the exterior will feature more futuristic styling.
Thankfully we don’t have to wait anymore to get our first look at the inside of the 2015 Mustang, as InsideLine.com’s spy photographers have managed to get images of the interior of an engineering test mule. Perhaps most noticeable is the new multi-function steering wheel with MyFord Touch, and a new instrument panel similar to the 2013 F-150′s can also be seen. Keep in mind that plenty of changes could be made before the design if finalized, and Inside Line does point out that it’s impossible to say whether these new elements will actually be used or if Ford is simply testing out the new components. One thing for sure is that technology will certainly play a larger part in the next generation Mustang.
You can see the spy photos of the 2015 Mustang interior below.
- The 2015 Ford Mustang could be 400 pounds lighter
- Ford announces more details about 2015 Mustang's December 5th reveal date
- Video: Take a tour of the 2015 Mustang Convertible's new features
- 2015 Ford Mustang rendered by Car and Driver
- Check out the entire 2015 Ford Mustang color palette
- 2015 Ford Mustang to play role in upcoming Need for Speed movie
- Latest rendering imagines 2015 Mustang's front end
- Ford Racing offers sneak peek of 2015 Mustang supercharger system
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model
- Photo Gallery: The 2015 Ford Mustang basks in the Southern California sun