2014 Mustang to get new colors, options
Ford will soon be launching the next generation of Mustang for 2015, but before then company has one more year to produce the current model. While one might expect that Ford would simply carry over the 2013 Mustang unchanged into the next model year, it looks like there will be a few new options and colors available. According to a forum member over at TheMustangSource.com, Ruby Red will replace Red Candy in the color palette, and Oxford White will take the place of Performance White. Two new appearance packages, one for the V6 model and one for the GT model, will be available, a new hood stripe will be available for the Mustang V6, and gloss black stripes will replace the matte black stripes on the Shelby GT500. On the downside, the Boss 302 will no longer be available, ending the model’s two year production run.
2014 Ford Mustang Changes:
- Colors: Ruby Red (RR) replaces Red Candy (RZ). Oxford White (YZ) replaces Performance White (HP).
- Base V6 100A & 101A: New option called “V6 Appearance Package,” option code 541.
- Premium V6 201A: Hood Stripe, option code 471.
- Base GT 300A & 301A: New option called “GT Appearance Package,” option code 542.
- GT/CS 402A: Colors limited to Deep Impact Blue, Race Red, Black, Sterling Gray, Ingot Silver, and Oxford White.
- Boss 302 500A & Laguna Seca 501A: Missing, so it appears to be true that the Boss 302 was a 2 year run only (’12 & ’13).
- Shelby GT500: Matte Black stripes replaced by Gloss Black stripes.
- Refreshed Mustang coming in 2013, next generation to be 2015 model
- Roush announces updated Mustang lineup for 2014 including Aluminator engine option
- 2014 Ford Mustang configurator goes live
- 2014 Mustang gets rendered, new details revealed
- The 2014 Mustang with the new FP6 Appearance Package is one hot pony car
- Photo Gallery: 2014 Ford Mustang with FP6 Appearance Package
- Turbocharged four-cylinder Mustang to make a return in 2015?
- 2014 Ford Mustang wins Cars.com Shoppers' Choice Award
- Five reasons why Ford should have built a 2014 Mustang Boss 351
- J Mays: I won't screw up the 2014 Mustang