2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake prototype debuts in Monterey
Last week the one-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra was unveiled at the Monterey Motorsports Reunion, but it wasn’t the only Shelby Mustang to make its debut at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Shelby also had a 2013 GT500 Super Snake prototype on display, a car that we previewed last month during its build at the company’s facility in Las Vegas.
The car follows the same theme as the previous generation Super Snakes, featuring a design with a Shelby-specific hood, carbon fiber front splitter, stripes, graphics and aluminum 20-inch wheels. Under the hood the 5.8-liter supercharged V8 has been fitted with a Ford Racing / Whipple supercharger system, and handling has been improved with a Ford Racing adjustable suspension system and front and rear brake upgrades. Inside the Super Snake gets fairly subtle changes including Super Snake embroidery on the Recaro seats, a white ball short-throw shifter, a 3-gauge cluster on the a-pillar and more.
Shelby hasn’t yet released specifications for the 2013 GT500 Super Snake or when the car will be available for purchase, but we’ll let you know as soon as more details are available.
2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Features:
- Shelby/Ford Racing Whipple supercharger system
- Carbon fiber front splitter
- Shelby Super Snake fiberglass hood with air extractors
- SHELBY deck lid letter kit
- Shelby Performance cooling package upgrade includes engine, heat exchanger and aluminum holding tanks
- Super Snake solid billet aluminum badging (front fenders and rear faux gas cap)
- Shelby Super Snake striping
- Front and rear brake cooling duct kit
- Quarter window scoops or block-offs (coupe)
- CSM consecutively numbered billet aluminum dash plaque and CSM consecutively numbered engine plate
- Shelby Super Snake lighted door sill plates
- Shelby 6-piston caliper front brake system and rear rotor/brake pad upgrade
- Stripes available in your choice of gloss white, matte black or Shelby blue
- Track package equipped GT500s receive package credit allowance
- Shelby/Borla cat-back exhaust system
- Shelby/Ford Racing suspension with adjustable dampers or Shelby/Ford Racing spring upgrade (track pack vehicles)
- Ford Racing spring upgrade (track pack vehicles)
- Shelby white ball billet short-throw shifter
- 20-inch Shelby forged 3-piece billet aluminum wheels, 20×9.5 front and 20×11 rear. Available in matte black, natural brushed aluminum clear coat and mirror polished finishes
- Shelby Super Snake 3-piece floor mat set
- Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and dip stick handle
- A-pillar gauge cluster with carbon fiber faced gauges
- Light bar with third brake light (convertible)
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000
- 2016 Shelby GT350 officially revealed
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- 2012 Shelby 1000 makes official debut at New York Auto Show
- Production of first Shelby 1000 begins in Las Vegas
- Photo Gallery: First production Shelby 1000 Widebody
- Shelby to once again partner with Hertz for rent-a-racer Mustang?
- Featured: 2012 Shelby 1000 Widebody
- German tuner Geiger builds Shelby GT640 "Golden Snake"