Video: Watch a Ford Mustang Cobra Jet do a massive wheel stand
The Ford Mustang Cobra Jet has dominated the inaugural season the ADRL Supercar Showdown, winning all five of the events held so far this year. The Cobra Jets have been putting on a show in more than one way, though, as shown by driver Chris Holbrook during a qualifying session at the Gateway Drags IV at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Ill. Coming off his first win in the series at the Northeast Drags II, Holbrook launched hard off the line, resulting in one of the most impressive wheel stands we’ve ever seen. With the car starting to wander into the adjacent lane (thankfully it was vacant) Holbrook eventually had to abort the run, but it’s undoubtedly one he’ll surely remember.
Thankfully there were plenty of video cameras on hand to capture the wheel stand, and the ADRL has uploaded a compilation of the footage showing various angles showing all the action. You can check it out for yourself below.
- 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet to make competition debut this weekend at ADRL Supercar Showdown
- Ford Mustang Cobra Jet dominates in weekend's NHRA, ADRL Supercar Showdown races
- Ford Mustang Cobra Jet can do 0-60 mph in 1.52 seconds, 0-100 mph in 3.26 seconds
- Mustang Cobra Jet gets second straight win in Supercar Showdown
- Video: 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet makes its first ever competitive pass
- Video: Mustang Cobra Jet action from the ADRL Supercar Showdown in Ohio