It’s official: The Ford Mustang is coming to Europe
In their continuing quest for a global lineup of vehicles, Ford announced today that the Mustang is officially coming to the European market. The news doesn’t come as a surprise, as it has long been rumored that the next generation 2015 Mustang will be built on a global platform and marketed internationally with a new futuristic design, a new independent rear suspension and the option for a four-cylinder engine. Ford even started to subtly market the Mustang in Europe this past summer, showing off the 2013 Shelby GT500 at events like the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the Le Mans Classic.
“We heard it here first – Mustang, the American icon, is coming to Europe!” said president and CEO, Ford Motor Company, Alan Mulally at the “Go Further” event in Amsterdam earlier today. “We will have more details to share in the future. One thing we can say for sure what has made Mustang such a sensation in the U.S. for nearly 50 years soon will be enjoyed by customers in Europe.”
“You only have to look at the incredible response to Mustang when it has appeared this summer at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, in the U.K., and at the Le Mans Classic, in France, to get a sense of the excitement this American icon generates across Europe,” said Stephen Odell, group vice president and chairman and CEO of Ford of Europe. “The Mustang is uniquely Ford and has a huge fan base here in Europe. Now those fans have something to look forward to and we look forward to providing more details in the near future,” he added.
You can see a video of the official announcement below.
- Ford releases official 2015 Mustang horsepower numbers: GT to get 435 hp, Ecoboost 310 hp
- Steeda renders their own version of the 2015 Mustang
- Ford to raffle off special 2015 Mustang 50 Years Convertible for charity
- Video: Listen to the roar of the 2015 Mustang GT's V8
- Video: Tag along with AmericanMuscle.com at the 2015 Mustang's NY debut
- The 2015 Mustang will reportedly have a burnout mode
- Turbocharged four-cylinder Mustang to make a return in 2015?
- Newly revealed sketches show origins of the 2015 Mustang's design
- First retail 2015 Ford Mustang to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: 2015 Ford Mustang takes on the Goodwood Hill Climb