Rare 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Super Cobra Jet going up for auction
The Vicari Auction Company will offer a rare 1970 Ford Mustang Mach I Super Cobra Jet (Lot S373) during their 16th annual Biloxi Auction, Oct. 12-13, 2012, at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum & Convention Center in Biloxi, Miss. In 1970, there were 50 Super Cobra Jet Mach I Mustangs produced with the Bright Gold Metallic paint sported by this vehicle. Of those, two were produced with a 4.30 Traction-Lok Rear Axle and only one – this Mach I offered by Vicari – was ordered with Power Front Disc Brakes. The Mach I Mustang features a 428 CID 4V Super Cobra Jet engine with a four speed close ratio manual transmission and drag pack. Other options include AM radio, competition suspension, color-keyed racing mirrors, console-mounted shift lever, rim blow-deluxe steering wheel, instrument gauges, rocker panel moldings, rear deck lid tape stripe, deep dish sports wheel covers and color-keyed carpeting.
“This muscle car is a Mustang collector’s dream come true as it’s not only very rare, but it has been maintained in museum-like quality,” said Pete Vicari, president of Vicari Auction. “In 1970, there were only 857 Mach I vehicles equipped with the 428 Super Cobra Jet/Drag Pack.”
The Mustang Mach I Super Cobra Jet will join more than 400 classic and muscle cars crossing the block at Vicari’s Biloxi Auction, which takes place during the Cruisin’ The Coast event, Oct. 7-14, 2012.
General admission to the auction is $12.50 per day. Additional consignment and bidder information is available at www.vicariauction.com or by calling 504.875.3563.
[Source: Vicari Auction]
- Reggie Jackson's 1965 Shelby GT350 going up for auction
- Winningest 1965 Shelby GT350R to be sold at RM's Amelia Island auction
- Hurst Mustang Convertible Pace Car auctioned off for charity at Barrett-Jackson
- Need for Speed Ford Mustang movie car to be sold at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction
- Roush to Auction Final Production P-51A Mustang for Charity
- 2004 Mustang GT-R Concept auctioned off for $110,000
- One-off 'School Bus Yellow' Mustang Boss 302 auctioned off for $300,000
- 1969 Shelby GT500 once owned by Carroll Shelby going up for auction
- 1965 Shelby GT350R going up for auction later this month
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity