Rare 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Super Cobra Jet going up for auction
The Vicari Auction Company will offer a rare 1970 Ford Mustang Mach I Super Cobra Jet (Lot S373) during their 16th annual Biloxi Auction, Oct. 12-13, 2012, at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum & Convention Center in Biloxi, Miss. In 1970, there were 50 Super Cobra Jet Mach I Mustangs produced with the Bright Gold Metallic paint sported by this vehicle. Of those, two were produced with a 4.30 Traction-Lok Rear Axle and only one – this Mach I offered by Vicari – was ordered with Power Front Disc Brakes. The Mach I Mustang features a 428 CID 4V Super Cobra Jet engine with a four speed close ratio manual transmission and drag pack. Other options include AM radio, competition suspension, color-keyed racing mirrors, console-mounted shift lever, rim blow-deluxe steering wheel, instrument gauges, rocker panel moldings, rear deck lid tape stripe, deep dish sports wheel covers and color-keyed carpeting.
“This muscle car is a Mustang collector’s dream come true as it’s not only very rare, but it has been maintained in museum-like quality,” said Pete Vicari, president of Vicari Auction. “In 1970, there were only 857 Mach I vehicles equipped with the 428 Super Cobra Jet/Drag Pack.”
The Mustang Mach I Super Cobra Jet will join more than 400 classic and muscle cars crossing the block at Vicari’s Biloxi Auction, which takes place during the Cruisin’ The Coast event, Oct. 7-14, 2012.
General admission to the auction is $12.50 per day. Additional consignment and bidder information is available at www.vicariauction.com or by calling 504.875.3563.
[Source: Vicari Auction]
- Original owner reunites with '65 Mustang Convertible at auction
- Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor Hero Car sells for cool $1 million
- The top ten most expensive Ford Mustangs sold at auction
- Classic Recreations reveals 1966 Shelby GT350CR, will auction off prototype in August
- Lowest mileage Ford Mustang Boss 429 in existence going up for auction
- Rare 1970 Shelby GT500 going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Custom 2011 Mustang auctioned off to benefit the Tony Hawk Foundation
- Lee Iacocca's personal 45th Anniversary Edition Mustang up for auction to benefit charity
- Ex-Stirling Moss 1965 Shelby GT350 race car to cross the block in August
- Roush Barrett-Jackson Edition Mustang prototype auctioned off for $100,000