Ford Racing to debut EcoBoost Mustang concept at SEMA?
Ford Racing is giving us a small taste of what’s in store for us next week at the SEMA show in Las Vegas in the form of this photo they sent to us earlier today. Although the teaser image of the hood doesn’t show much, it does reveal a black and blue stripe in the very corner. What does that mean, exactly? Well, it’s likely that Ford Racing will be debuting some sort of EcoBoost Mustang. The black and blue graphics are the signature look of Ford’s EcoBoost line.
Of course, what kind of EcoBoost engine is the real question to be answered. Will it be a four-cylinder version as a preview of the one in the upcoming 2015 Mustang? Will it be an EcoBoost V6 that is already in several Ford production vehicles? Or will it be an EcoBoost V8? Regardless what engine is under the hood, we can’t wait to see it.
Ford Racing says the car will be officially unveiled on Tuesday, October 30, although it’s likely we’ll have more photos and details before then. Stay tuned!
- SEMA 2011: 1971 Ford Mustang "Pegasus"
- CR Supercars debuts 1968 Mustang 'Villain' at SEMA
- SEMA Preview: Creations n' Chrome Boy Racer Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Larry Gareffa's home-built electric 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
- SEMA 2013: Vortech Superchargers Yellow Jacket Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Bojix Design 2014 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- SEMA 2012: 3dCarbon Boy Racer Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Roush, Ford Racing and Sherwin-Williams team up for custom 700 horsepower Stage 3 Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Edelbrock announces winner of 75th Anniversary 2013 Ford Mustang GT