Ford Racing to debut EcoBoost Mustang concept at SEMA?
Ford Racing is giving us a small taste of what’s in store for us next week at the SEMA show in Las Vegas in the form of this photo they sent to us earlier today. Although the teaser image of the hood doesn’t show much, it does reveal a black and blue stripe in the very corner. What does that mean, exactly? Well, it’s likely that Ford Racing will be debuting some sort of EcoBoost Mustang. The black and blue graphics are the signature look of Ford’s EcoBoost line.
Of course, what kind of EcoBoost engine is the real question to be answered. Will it be a four-cylinder version as a preview of the one in the upcoming 2015 Mustang? Will it be an EcoBoost V6 that is already in several Ford production vehicles? Or will it be an EcoBoost V8? Regardless what engine is under the hood, we can’t wait to see it.
Ford Racing says the car will be officially unveiled on Tuesday, October 30, although it’s likely we’ll have more photos and details before then. Stay tuned!
- SEMA 2011: Tjin Edition Mustang Convertible
- Video: Falken Mustang delivered to lucky winner by Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Justin Pawlak
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Updated 2010 FR500CJ Cobra Jet Mustang introduced at SEMA
- CR Supercars debuts 1968 Mustang 'Villain' at SEMA
- SEMA Preview: Eibach to debut 2011 Mustang show car, updated suspension systems
- SEMA 2013: Edelbrock announces Stage 2 supercharger system for the 2005-2014 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- 2012 SEMA Ford Mustang Coverage
- SEMA 2011: Lindsey Bradley's 1965 Mustang Fastback "The Silver Fox"