SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- 2013 SEMA Ford Mustang Coverage
- SEMA 2013: ACCEL Ignition's 2011 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2013: HyperStangs' Hellanor Mustang
- SEMA Preview: Creations n' Chrome Boy Racer Mustang
- SEMA 2014: CorteX Racing 2015 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Forgiato Wheels Widebody Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Hollywood Hot Rods 2014 Ford Mustang Convertible
- SEMA 2011: Dynacorn 1964 1/2 to 1966 Mustang Convertible body shell in detail
- 2011 SEMA Ford Mustang Coverage
- 2014 SEMA Ford Mustang Coverage