SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2010: BS Industries 1969 Ford Mustang "The Real Thing"
- SEMA 2013: NASCAR-powered 2008 Ford Mustang AIX Race Car
- SEMA 2014: CorteX Racing 2015 Ford Mustang
- SEMA Preview: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- SEMA 2013: Steeda Q450 Enforcer Mustang
- SEMA 2013: K&N debuts Blackhawk Induction Intake for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
- Saleen teases new 2010 S281 before SEMA debut
- SEMA 2013: TMI debuts Sport XR seats for the 2005-2014 Ford Mustang
- Hotchkis to put Bullitt chase scene on display at SEMA
- SEMA 2013: Hotchkis shows off new classic Mustang suspension system with Bullitt chase scene