SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2014: Forgiato 2015 Ford Mustang
- Roush giving away Phase 3 Mustang SEMA show car
- Creations n' Chrome previews Coyote-powered Fox Body Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- SEMA 2014: Full-Race Motorsports 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
- SEMA 2012: Webasto 2013 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Kenny Brown GT4-RS Autobahn Edition Mustang
- Ford teases SEMA Mustangs from Nitto Tire and Hollywood Hot Rods
- Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon" wins Mothers 10th annual Shine Award
- SEMA 2012: Kris Horton's 2012 Ford Mustang "Ringleader"