SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2011: Lindsey Bradley's 1965 Mustang Fastback "The Silver Fox"
- SEMA 2010: MRT "Predator" Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Galpin Auto Sports goes blue with widebody Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2012: 2013 Ford Mustang Build Powered by Women
- SEMA 2010: Ford Custom Accessories 2011 Mustang
- Video: Falken Mustang delivered to lucky winner by Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Justin Pawlak
- SEMA 2010: Creations n' Chrome "Pony Girl" 2011 Mustang
- Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon" wins Mothers 10th annual Shine Award
- 1965 Ford Mustang "Hoonicorn RTR" will star Ken Block's Gymkhana 7
- SEMA 2013: Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords' Hypersilver Mustang