SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Johnny Sparks' Reversion Mustang sells for $61,600
- SEMA 2011: Johnny Sparks' "Reversion" Mustang
- Ring Brothers to debut NASCAR-powered 1965 Mustang at SEMA
- SEMA 2012: Holman & Moody 50th Anniversary TdF Mustang
- Roush launches 700 horsepower Phase 3 supercharger system
- SEMA 2013: Edelbrock announces Stage 2 supercharger system for the 2005-2014 Ford Mustang
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. building RTR-X Mustang for SEMA debut
- SEMA Preview: Kenny Brown GT-4T Mustang to debut
- SEMA 2010: Vaughn Gittin Jr. pulls the wraps off the RTR-X Mustang
- Ford previews 2011 SEMA Mustang lineup