SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2012: Webasto 2013 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2012: The Mustang Cobra Jet Concept's twin-turbo V8 in detail
- SEMA 2011: Petty's Garage Signature Series Mustang
- The 2010 Mustangs of the 2009 SEMA Show
- SEMA 2012: Bojix Design 2013 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon"
- SEMA 2012: Kris Horton's 2012 Ford Mustang "Ringleader"
- SEMA 2010: Street Scene Equipment 2011 Mustang Convertible
- SEMA 2013: Steeda Q450 Enforcer Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords builds their own custom 2011 Mustang