SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Boss 302 TracKey availability to be announced at SEMA
- Roush to unveil Stage 3 Premier Special Edition Mustang at SEMA
- Richard Petty Signature Series Mustang to debut at SEMA
- Roush unveils Stage 3 Premier Edition Mustang
- SEMA 2014: MAD Industries 2015 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Steeda Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- SEMA 2014: Mountune 2015 Ford Mustang 'MRX450'
- SEMA 2010: Corsa announces 2011 Shelby GT500 exhaust system
- Classic Design Concepts previews SEMA-bound 'Bad Penny' Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Heins Motorsports Mustang Boss 302RS