SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2010: RKSport debuts 2010+ Mustang body kit
- SEMA 2011: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
- SEMA 2011: Hillbank Motorsports HBR Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Edelbrock announces Stage 2 supercharger system for the 2005-2014 Ford Mustang
- Ford Mustang named hottest car of 2013 SEMA Show
- SEMA 2011: Roush Stage 3 Premier Edition Mustang
- Dynacorn to show off officially licensed 1965-1966 Mustang body shell at SEMA
- SEMA 2012: 3dCarbon Boy Racer Mustang
- SEMA 2013: K&N debuts Blackhawk Induction Intake for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
- SEMA 2012: Pure Vision Design T-5R Martini Racing 1966 Mustang Fastback