SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Johnny Sparks' Reversion Mustang sells for $61,600
- SEMA 2011: Johnny Sparks' "Reversion" Mustang
- Custom 2011 Mustang with 1968 styling to debut at SEMA
- SEMA Preview: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- Updated 2010 FR500CJ Cobra Jet Mustang introduced at SEMA
- SEMA 2011: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- SEMA 2011: Petty's Garage Signature Series Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Tjin Edition 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Vortech Superchargers Yellow Jacket Mustang
- SEMA Preview: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X completed and ready for its debut