SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2012: Steeda Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
- SEMA 2013: MagnaFlow announces 50-state legal Ford Mustang shorty headers
- New Mustang Products at the 2011 SEMA Show
- SEMA 2010: Matching Boss 302 Mustangs to be raffled to benefit the Healing Heroes Network
- SEMA 2010: Galpin Auto Sports shows off custom widebody 2011 Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2013: NASCAR-powered 2008 Ford Mustang AIX Race Car
- Ford teases SEMA Mustangs from Nitto Tire and Hollywood Hot Rods
- SEMA 2011: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X
- Ford Racing unleashes Mustang King Cobra Concept
- SEMA 2013: TMI debuts Sport XR seats for the 2005-2014 Ford Mustang