SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Johnny Sparks' Reversion Mustang sells for $61,600
- SEMA 2011: Johnny Sparks' "Reversion" Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Vortech's 2011 Mustang shows off 20th anniversary supercharger system
- Holman & Moody announce 2014 50th Anniversary TdF Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Kenne Bell offers first look at its 2011 Mustang supercharger, announces pricing
- SEMA 2010: Pep Boys Speed Shop 2011 Mustang
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. unveils carbon fiber RTR-C Mustang at SEMA
- SEMA 2012: 3dCarbon Boy Racer Mustang
- Tjin Edition 2011 Ford Mustang GT to debut at SEMA
- SEMA 2010: Dynacorn previews its 1965-1966 Mustang body shell