SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2011: "Last Ride" Mustang tribute to Joe Gosinski
- SEMA 2013: K&N debuts Blackhawk Induction Intake for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
- SEMA 2010: Pep Boys Speed Shop 2011 Mustang
- Ford and SEMA teaming up for custom 2013 Mustang designed and built by women
- Ford Mustang named hottest car of 2013 SEMA Show
- SEMA 2010: Scosche debuts dash kit for the 2010+ Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Vaughn Gittin Jr. pulls the wraps off the RTR-X Mustang
- SEMA 2014: Classic Design Concepts 2015 Ford Mustang "Outlaw"
- SEMA 2014: 3dCarbon 2015 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2014: MRT 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost