SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2011: H&R Springs Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Steeda Widebody Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Johnny Sparks' "Reversion" Mustang
- SEMA Preview: Kenny Brown GT-4T Mustang to debut
- Ford previews 2015 Mustang lineup at 2014 SEMA show
- SEMA 2014: 2015 Ford Mustang King Cobra Concept
- SEMA 2014: Full-Race Motorsports 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
- SEMA 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang 'Blizzard'
- Matching 1967 and 2012 Shelby GT500s to be raffled off for charity
- SEMA Preview: MagnaCharger to debut new supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang