SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Roush unveils Stage 3 Premier Edition Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Saleen debuts S302 Speedster with new options, matte black paint
- SEMA 2010: Saleen unveils new carbon fiber parts, forged wheels for the S302 Mustang
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. offers sneak peek of 2015 Mustang RTR Spec 2 and Spec 5 Concept
- SEMA 2013: Modular Muscle Design 2014 Ford Mustang
- Roush giving away Phase 3 Mustang SEMA show car
- SEMA 2012: 2013 Ford Mustang by DSO Eyewear
- SEMA 2010: Mobsteel 2011 Mustang
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. building RTR-X Mustang for SEMA debut
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody