SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised “Reversion” Mustang
One of the highlights of last year’s SEMA show was the spectacularly retro “Reversion” Mustang built by Johnny Sparks. The 23-year-old took a standard 2011 Mustang GT and fitted it with hand-fabricated body panels from 1968 and 1969 Mustangs, then finished it off with a coat of matte red paint.
Sparks is back at SEMA again this year with Reversion, although he’s made a few updates to the car since we saw it last. A coat of custom blue paint with gunmetal gray accents has replaced the red hue, which we think gives the car a more finished look, and the body has been revised to include a new lower valence, a new hood and a tucked rear bumper. The 1968 rear 3/4 window has been swapped out for the modern version, which Sparks says fits with the body lines better, and Forgeline wheels and Baer brakes have been added as well.
You can see photos of Jonny Spark’s Reversion in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Johnny Sparks' Reversion Mustang sells for $61,600
- SEMA 2011: Johnny Sparks' "Reversion" Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Roush Stage 3 Premier Edition Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Ford Custom Accessories 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Vaughn Gittin Jr's 1969 Mustang RTR-X makes a return appearance
- SEMA 2010: Scosche debuts dash kit for the 2010+ Mustang
- SEMA 2013: TCI Engineering 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
- SEMA 2011: Dynacorn 1964 1/2 to 1966 Mustang Convertible body shell in detail
- SEMA 2013: Classic Recreations shows off Coyote-powered 1967 Shelby GT500CR
- SEMA 2012: Bojix Design 2013 Ford Mustang