SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
Oklahoma-based Classic Recreations has built some pretty incredible cars over the past few years, starting with the 1967 Shelby GT500CR followed up by various iterations since like the GT500CR 900S and the GT500CR Convertible. At first glance this GT500CR, which we spotted in the Dynacorn booth at this SEMA show, seems to simply be an example of the latter, but a closer look reveals something very unique about the car – it’s right-hand-drive.
Jason Engel, owner of Classic Recreations, tells us that this unique GT500CR was built for a customer in Australia, who’s motorists drive on the left side of the road. The conversion wasn’t easy – quite a few parts in the interior and engine bay had to be custom fabricated to get the steering system moved over – but the result is impressive. The interior looks like it was meant to be RHD from the very start.
You can see more of the right-hand-drive Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR Convertible in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Classic Recreations announces Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT350CR model
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT500CR continuation cars
- Classic Recreations announces availability of Shelby GT500CR Venom
- Classic Recreations announces GT500CR Convertible
- Video: Classic Recreations shows off the Shelby GT500CR 900S
- Classic Recreations reveals first GT500CR in Las Vegas
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- Photo Gallery: Classic Recreations Shelby GT500CR in Candy Apple Red
- SEMA 2011: Galpin Widebody Mustang Boss 302-X