SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 “Kardiac”
When we saw this 1967 Shelby GT500 on the SEMA show floor we thought it looked familiar. We soon realized that it’s because the beautifully customized fastback nicknamed “Kardiac” was named as one a Ridler Award finalist and one of the “Great 8″ at the 2012 Detroit Autorama back in February. While we didn’t get to see the Shelby in person then, we were able to get our first up close and personal look at the car thanks to owner Gordon Phillips who brought the car out to Las Vegas.
It’s incredible to think that the car you see here was once pulled from a wrecking yard back in the 1980s. Fast forward a few decades and JF Kustoms of British Columbia has taken the car and turned it into a masterpiece. It’s easy to see why the car nearly took top honors at the Autorama – everything is well done from the custom blended BASF Mocha paint, the chrome-filled engine bay that houses a 427ci V8, or the interior swathed in leather.
You can check out the JF Kustoms 1967 “Kardiac” in detail in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: Motor Trend pits the 2011 Shelby GT500 against the Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- SEMA 2011: Paul Brown's championship-winning Mustang Boss 302S