SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 “Kardiac”
When we saw this 1967 Shelby GT500 on the SEMA show floor we thought it looked familiar. We soon realized that it’s because the beautifully customized fastback nicknamed “Kardiac” was named as one a Ridler Award finalist and one of the “Great 8” at the 2012 Detroit Autorama back in February. While we didn’t get to see the Shelby in person then, we were able to get our first up close and personal look at the car thanks to owner Gordon Phillips who brought the car out to Las Vegas.
It’s incredible to think that the car you see here was once pulled from a wrecking yard back in the 1980s. Fast forward a few decades and JF Kustoms of British Columbia has taken the car and turned it into a masterpiece. It’s easy to see why the car nearly took top honors at the Autorama – everything is well done from the custom blended BASF Mocha paint, the chrome-filled engine bay that houses a 427ci V8, or the interior swathed in leather.
You can check out the JF Kustoms 1967 “Kardiac” in detail in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup
- Video: 2011 Shelby Super Snake vs Shelby 427 Cobra