SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 “Kardiac”
When we saw this 1967 Shelby GT500 on the SEMA show floor we thought it looked familiar. We soon realized that it’s because the beautifully customized fastback nicknamed “Kardiac” was named as one a Ridler Award finalist and one of the “Great 8″ at the 2012 Detroit Autorama back in February. While we didn’t get to see the Shelby in person then, we were able to get our first up close and personal look at the car thanks to owner Gordon Phillips who brought the car out to Las Vegas.
It’s incredible to think that the car you see here was once pulled from a wrecking yard back in the 1980s. Fast forward a few decades and JF Kustoms of British Columbia has taken the car and turned it into a masterpiece. It’s easy to see why the car nearly took top honors at the Autorama – everything is well done from the custom blended BASF Mocha paint, the chrome-filled engine bay that houses a 427ci V8, or the interior swathed in leather.
You can check out the JF Kustoms 1967 “Kardiac” in detail in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque