SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 “Kardiac”
When we saw this 1967 Shelby GT500 on the SEMA show floor we thought it looked familiar. We soon realized that it’s because the beautifully customized fastback nicknamed “Kardiac” was named as one a Ridler Award finalist and one of the “Great 8″ at the 2012 Detroit Autorama back in February. While we didn’t get to see the Shelby in person then, we were able to get our first up close and personal look at the car thanks to owner Gordon Phillips who brought the car out to Las Vegas.
It’s incredible to think that the car you see here was once pulled from a wrecking yard back in the 1980s. Fast forward a few decades and JF Kustoms of British Columbia has taken the car and turned it into a masterpiece. It’s easy to see why the car nearly took top honors at the Autorama – everything is well done from the custom blended BASF Mocha paint, the chrome-filled engine bay that houses a 427ci V8, or the interior swathed in leather.
You can check out the JF Kustoms 1967 “Kardiac” in detail in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- A look inside the 2013 Shelby GT500's 650 horsepower 5.8-liter supercharged V8
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- SEMA 2010: Ford Custom Accessories 2011 Mustang