SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 “Kardiac”
When we saw this 1967 Shelby GT500 on the SEMA show floor we thought it looked familiar. We soon realized that it’s because the beautifully customized fastback nicknamed “Kardiac” was named as one a Ridler Award finalist and one of the “Great 8″ at the 2012 Detroit Autorama back in February. While we didn’t get to see the Shelby in person then, we were able to get our first up close and personal look at the car thanks to owner Gordon Phillips who brought the car out to Las Vegas.
It’s incredible to think that the car you see here was once pulled from a wrecking yard back in the 1980s. Fast forward a few decades and JF Kustoms of British Columbia has taken the car and turned it into a masterpiece. It’s easy to see why the car nearly took top honors at the Autorama – everything is well done from the custom blended BASF Mocha paint, the chrome-filled engine bay that houses a 427ci V8, or the interior swathed in leather.
You can check out the JF Kustoms 1967 “Kardiac” in detail in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Video: 2011 Shelby Super Snake vs Shelby 427 Cobra
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Vortech releases air inlet upgrade for the GT500
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup