SEMA 2012: Carroll Shelby Tribute
Much of SEMA is about looking forward – to new ideas and new products. However, at least one part was dedicated to looking back. This display of Mustangs (and one Cobra) was put together as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby who passed away in May of this year. While we would have loved to have seen more classic Shelby Mustangs – represented only by a single 1966 GT350, the collection of cars is still impressive. The recently introduced 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra, a tribute to the man in itself, was on display, as well as the 2012 Shelby 1000, the last Mustang introduced while Carroll was still alive. The rest of the current Shelby lineup was there as well including the GT500 Super Snake and GT350.
You can see photos of the Carroll Shelby tribute at SEMA in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- First annual Carroll Shelby Tribute and Car Show announced for next month
- Ford previews 2011 SEMA Mustang lineup
- SEMA 2013: ACCEL Ignition's 2011 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Edelbrock announces new E-Force supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0
- SEMA Preview: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- SEMA Preview: Ford shows off its custom 2011 Mustang lineup
- SEMA 2012: Classic Recreations builds right-hand-drive 1967 Shelby GT500CR Convertible
- Ford officially announces 1964 1/2 to 1966 Mustang Convertible licensed body shells
- Richard Petty Signature Series Mustang to debut at SEMA
- SEMA 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang 'Blizzard'