SEMA 2012: Carroll Shelby Tribute
Much of SEMA is about looking forward – to new ideas and new products. However, at least one part was dedicated to looking back. This display of Mustangs (and one Cobra) was put together as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby who passed away in May of this year. While we would have loved to have seen more classic Shelby Mustangs – represented only by a single 1966 GT350, the collection of cars is still impressive. The recently introduced 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra, a tribute to the man in itself, was on display, as well as the 2012 Shelby 1000, the last Mustang introduced while Carroll was still alive. The rest of the current Shelby lineup was there as well including the GT500 Super Snake and GT350.
You can see photos of the Carroll Shelby tribute at SEMA in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- First annual Carroll Shelby Tribute and Car Show announced for next month
- SEMA 2010: Matching Boss 302 Mustangs to be raffled to benefit the Healing Heroes Network
- SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised "Reversion" Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Holman & Moody 50th Anniversary TdF Mustang
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. building RTR-X Mustang for SEMA debut
- 2011 SEMA Ford Mustang Coverage
- SEMA Preview: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound 'Yellow Jacket' Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Justin Pawlak's Formula Drift Mustang
- Aftermarket companies team up to build charity Mustang that will debut at SEMA