SEMA 2012: Carroll Shelby Tribute
Much of SEMA is about looking forward – to new ideas and new products. However, at least one part was dedicated to looking back. This display of Mustangs (and one Cobra) was put together as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby who passed away in May of this year. While we would have loved to have seen more classic Shelby Mustangs – represented only by a single 1966 GT350, the collection of cars is still impressive. The recently introduced 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra, a tribute to the man in itself, was on display, as well as the 2012 Shelby 1000, the last Mustang introduced while Carroll was still alive. The rest of the current Shelby lineup was there as well including the GT500 Super Snake and GT350.
You can see photos of the Carroll Shelby tribute at SEMA in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2011: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Widebody
- Ford Racing unleashes Mustang King Cobra Concept
- 2014 SEMA Show preview
- SEMA 2013: Ice Nine 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- SEMA 2013: Modular Muscle Design 2014 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Dynacorn previews its 1965-1966 Mustang body shell
- SEMA 2012: Justin Pawlak's Formula Drift Mustang
- Creations n' Chrome previews Coyote-powered Fox Body Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- SEMA 2010: Vaughn Gittin Jr. pulls the wraps off the RTR-X Mustang
- eBay Find: Black-on-Black 2012 Shelby GTS