SEMA 2012: Carroll Shelby Tribute
Much of SEMA is about looking forward – to new ideas and new products. However, at least one part was dedicated to looking back. This display of Mustangs (and one Cobra) was put together as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby who passed away in May of this year. While we would have loved to have seen more classic Shelby Mustangs – represented only by a single 1966 GT350, the collection of cars is still impressive. The recently introduced 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra, a tribute to the man in itself, was on display, as well as the 2012 Shelby 1000, the last Mustang introduced while Carroll was still alive. The rest of the current Shelby lineup was there as well including the GT500 Super Snake and GT350.
You can see photos of the Carroll Shelby tribute at SEMA in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2011: Dynacorn 1964 1/2 to 1966 Mustang Convertible body shell in detail
- SEMA 2011: 1971 Ford Mustang "Pegasus"
- Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon" wins Mothers 10th annual Shine Award
- SEMA 2012: Ring Brothers 2013 Ford Mustang Switchback
- Classic Design Concepts previews SEMA-bound 'Bad Penny' Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Saleen unveils new carbon fiber parts, forged wheels for the S302 Mustang
- SEMA 2012: 2013 Ford Mustang Build Powered by Women
- Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound 'Yellow Jacket' Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Scosche debuts dash kit for the 2010+ Mustang
- SEMA 2013: NASCAR-powered 2008 Ford Mustang AIX Race Car