SEMA 2012: Carroll Shelby Tribute
Much of SEMA is about looking forward – to new ideas and new products. However, at least one part was dedicated to looking back. This display of Mustangs (and one Cobra) was put together as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby who passed away in May of this year. While we would have loved to have seen more classic Shelby Mustangs – represented only by a single 1966 GT350, the collection of cars is still impressive. The recently introduced 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra, a tribute to the man in itself, was on display, as well as the 2012 Shelby 1000, the last Mustang introduced while Carroll was still alive. The rest of the current Shelby lineup was there as well including the GT500 Super Snake and GT350.
You can see photos of the Carroll Shelby tribute at SEMA in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2013: Hotchkis shows off new classic Mustang suspension system with Bullitt chase scene
- SEMA 2010: Matching Boss 302 Mustangs to be raffled to benefit the Healing Heroes Network
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- SEMA Preview: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- SEMA 2012: 3dCarbon Boy Racer Mustang
- Ford Racing unleashes twin-turbo Cobra Jet Concept
- SEMA 2013: Nitto Tire 2014 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2014: Roush debuts 2015 Stage 3 Mustang
- Edelbrock giving away modified 2013 Ford Mustang, trip to the 2013 SEMA Show
- SEMA 2011: Johnny Sparks' "Reversion" Mustang