SEMA 2012: Carroll Shelby Tribute
Much of SEMA is about looking forward – to new ideas and new products. However, at least one part was dedicated to looking back. This display of Mustangs (and one Cobra) was put together as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby who passed away in May of this year. While we would have loved to have seen more classic Shelby Mustangs – represented only by a single 1966 GT350, the collection of cars is still impressive. The recently introduced 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra, a tribute to the man in itself, was on display, as well as the 2012 Shelby 1000, the last Mustang introduced while Carroll was still alive. The rest of the current Shelby lineup was there as well including the GT500 Super Snake and GT350.
You can see photos of the Carroll Shelby tribute at SEMA in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2014: Full-Race Motorsports 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
- Creations n' Chrome previews Coyote-powered Fox Body Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- SEMA 2011: Saleen debuts S302 Speedster with new options, matte black paint
- Photo Gallery: Ford Racing Mustang Cobra Jet Concept unveiling at SEMA
- SEMA 2011: Petty's Garage Signature Series Mustang
- SEMA 2013: Classic Design Concepts Bad Penny Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Pep Boys Speed Shop 2011 Mustang
- SEMA Preview: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"
- SEMA 2013: Larry Gareffa's home-built electric 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback
- SEMA 2012: Shelby 1000 makes an appearance in the Wilwood booth