SEMA 2012: Carroll Shelby Tribute
Much of SEMA is about looking forward – to new ideas and new products. However, at least one part was dedicated to looking back. This display of Mustangs (and one Cobra) was put together as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby who passed away in May of this year. While we would have loved to have seen more classic Shelby Mustangs – represented only by a single 1966 GT350, the collection of cars is still impressive. The recently introduced 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra, a tribute to the man in itself, was on display, as well as the 2012 Shelby 1000, the last Mustang introduced while Carroll was still alive. The rest of the current Shelby lineup was there as well including the GT500 Super Snake and GT350.
You can see photos of the Carroll Shelby tribute at SEMA in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Saleen unveils the 2010 S281 Mustang at SEMA
- SEMA 2013: Classic Design Concepts Bad Penny Mustang
- Updated 2010 FR500CJ Cobra Jet Mustang introduced at SEMA
- SEMA 2010: Scosche debuts dash kit for the 2010+ Mustang
- SEMA 2011: Tjin Edition Mustang Convertible
- 1965 Ford Mustang "Hoonicorn RTR" will star Ken Block's Gymkhana 7
- SEMA 2010: Steeda Q650 Street Fighter Mustang
- Steve Saleen launches SMS Superparts at SEMA
- SEMA 2012: Holman & Moody 50th Anniversary TdF Mustang
- Ford Racing unleashes twin-turbo Cobra Jet Concept