SEMA 2012: Carroll Shelby Tribute
Much of SEMA is about looking forward – to new ideas and new products. However, at least one part was dedicated to looking back. This display of Mustangs (and one Cobra) was put together as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby who passed away in May of this year. While we would have loved to have seen more classic Shelby Mustangs – represented only by a single 1966 GT350, the collection of cars is still impressive. The recently introduced 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra, a tribute to the man in itself, was on display, as well as the 2012 Shelby 1000, the last Mustang introduced while Carroll was still alive. The rest of the current Shelby lineup was there as well including the GT500 Super Snake and GT350.
You can see photos of the Carroll Shelby tribute at SEMA in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- First annual Carroll Shelby Tribute and Car Show announced for next month
- This is Ford Racing's Mustang Concept at SEMA
- SEMA 2010: Saleen unveils Series VI.5 supercharger system
- SEMA 2011: Lindsey Bradley's 1965 Mustang Fastback "The Silver Fox"
- Holman & Moody announce 2014 50th Anniversary TdF Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Roush, Ford Racing and Sherwin-Williams team up for custom 700 horsepower Stage 3 Mustang
- Roush giving away Phase 3 Mustang SEMA show car
- SEMA 2012: Johnny Sparks returns with revised "Reversion" Mustang
- SEMA 2010: MRT "Predator" Mustang
- SEMA Preview: MagnaCharger to debut new supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang