SEMA 2012: Carroll Shelby Tribute
Much of SEMA is about looking forward – to new ideas and new products. However, at least one part was dedicated to looking back. This display of Mustangs (and one Cobra) was put together as a tribute to the late Carroll Shelby who passed away in May of this year. While we would have loved to have seen more classic Shelby Mustangs – represented only by a single 1966 GT350, the collection of cars is still impressive. The recently introduced 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra, a tribute to the man in itself, was on display, as well as the 2012 Shelby 1000, the last Mustang introduced while Carroll was still alive. The rest of the current Shelby lineup was there as well including the GT500 Super Snake and GT350.
You can see photos of the Carroll Shelby tribute at SEMA in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- SEMA 2013: NASCAR-powered 2008 Ford Mustang AIX Race Car
- SEMA 2011: Forgiato Wheels Widebody Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Galpin Auto Sports shows off custom widebody 2011 Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2010: Tjin Edition 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords builds their own custom 2011 Mustang
- SEMA Preview: MagnaCharger to debut new supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang
- SEMA 2012: 2013 Ford Mustang Build Powered by Women
- Hotchkis to put Bullitt chase scene on display at SEMA
- SEMA 2013: Nitto Tire 2014 Ford Mustang
- SEMA 2012: Joey Redmond's 2013 Ford Mustang RTR