New Product: HRE Ring Brothers Edition Wheels
The convergence of art and science – that nexus where engineering and design merge to create something purely beautiful yet truly functional – is where many of the modern era’s most fascinating creations are born. San Diego based HRE Wheels and Wisconsin based automotive artisans Ring Brothers both share this common philosophy and the two teams proudly unveiled their first collaboration at the 2012 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, the new Ring Brothers Editions by HRE Wheels.
Mike and Jim Ring have pushed the envelope of muscle car design with a string of stunning, award-winning custom builds that completely transform the donor vehicle while preserving its Detroit soul. They applied that same design philosophy to the new Ring Brothers wheel line, which debuted on the Ring Brothers Mustang “Switchback” in the Ford booth and on display in the HRE booth at the 2012 SEMA Show. HRE will initially offer two unique Ring Brothers designs, the RB1 that utilizes HRE’s proven Monoblok technology while the RB2 is a lightweight, high-strength forged three-piece.
“When Ring Brothers approached us about making a wheel specifically for them, we immediately recognized the synergies in our shared philosophies and realized we could take the relationship even further,” said HRE President Alan Peltier. “Instead of a single private-label design we decided to create a special Ring Brothers Edition line of wheels that we could continue to expand together as we go forward. Working closely with their designers we started with 2 unique styles that have the proper sense of style and quality needed to enhance both contemporary and classic muscle cars in a way that only Ring Brothers and HRE can pull off.”
A contemporary, asymmetrical theme, beautifully integrated with precise surfacing sets the Monoblok RB1 wheel apart. The three-piece RB2 model provides a subtle sense of motion from its chiseled five-spoke design that hides the stainless steel ARP hardware to maintain a clean and simple, yet elegant design.
The new Ring Brothers Editions will be available in 18”, 19”, 20” and 21” diameters with widths ranging from 8 to 13 inches. Custom bolt patterns are also available as are optional centerlock hubs. All HRE wheels are engineered to minimize unsprung mass and rotational inertia for optimal acceleration, handling and braking performance. Each wheel is built-to-order and there are nearly infinite fitment, color and finish options available for the ultimate custom-tailored wheel buying experience.
For more information visit www.ringbrothers.com or visit any authorized HRE dealer.
[Source: HRE Wheels]
- SEMA 2010: Ring Brothers 1966 Mustang race car
- Ring Brothers' 1965 Mustang "Producer" wins Goodguys 2012 Street Machine of the Year
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Ring Brothers 1967 Ford Mustang "Kona" sells for $148,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers "Dragon" highest selling Mustang at $346,500
- SEMA 2013: Ring Brothers announce carbon fiber body panels for the 1965-1966 Mustang
- SEMA 2010: Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon"
- Ring Brothers 1970 Ford Mustang "Dragon" wins Mothers 10th annual Shine Award
- Matching Ring Brothers Mustangs going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- eBay Find: Ring Brothers 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback
- SEMA 2011: Ring Brothers 1965 Mustang "Producer"