Video: Ford Mustang Cobra Jet crashes after doing wheel stand
We’ve shown you lots of videos of the Ford Mustang Cobra Jet making passes down the drag strip, and for the most part they’ve been all about good things like winning races or setting new records. This latest video, however, does not end well. If you’re not sure if you can watch a brand new $100,000 Mustang get smashed up, then look away now.
The video actually starts out positive. The driver of a brand new 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet, making a pass at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, Maryland, manages to get a great start and launches both front tires high into the air. The tires eventually make contact with the pavement several yards down the drag strip, but the unfortunately car is pointed slightly towards the middle of the track. The driver does his best to straighten his line, but he over-corrects and the tail of the car swings around, causing the front of the car to smash against the wall.
While the crash is unfortunate, we don’t think the damage looks too bad. The owner will need a new front end and cooling system, but we’re sure it will be back on track soon enough.
You can see the footage of the crash for yourself below.
- Video: First 2011 Mustang breaks in the 9's
- Video: MMR Shelby GT500 race car runs 6.99 @ 205 mph
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- Video: Evolution Performance 2011 Mustang does wheel stand at NMRA finals
- Video: Evolution Performance 2011 Mustang runs 8.89 @ 147 mph
- Video: MMR Shelby GT500 race car debuts at the PSCA Nationals
- The Fastest S197 Mustangs Go Head to Head
- Photo Gallery: Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown at Milan Dragway
- DiabloSport and JPC Racing team up for 2011 Mustang drag car