Vortech releases supercharger system for 2013 Mustang GT
Today Vortech announced that their complete V-3 Si supercharger system is now available for 2013 Ford Mustang GTs fitted with the 6-speed manual transmission. The system boosts the stock 5.0L V8 to 605 horsepower and 473 lb-ft torque with 7.5-8.5 PSI at the factory redline and is available in Stealth Black, Satin or Polished finishes. Included in the kit is the V-3 Si compressor with a 3.60-inch drive pulley, a fuel system upgrade including fuel rail spacers and high-flow fuel injectors, an air inlet assembly with 98mm MAF sensor, coolant pipe and reservoir assembly, air-to-air charge cooler, Maxflow race bypass valve and all necessary hardware.
Vortech 2013 Mustang supercharger systems:
- 4FQ218-020L Satin Finish Complete Supercharging System
- 4FQ218-024L Stealth Black Finish Complete Supercharging System
- 4FQ218-028L Polished Finish Complete Supercharging System
- V-3 Si compressor with 3.60″ drive pulley
- Manifold boost pressure: 7.5-8.5 psig @ redline on stock engine
- Supplied SCT programmer re-flashes the ECM with a safe, custom Vortech calibration for 91-octane fuel.
- Fuel system upgrade includes fuel rail spacers and high flow replacement fuel injectors
- Air inlet assembly includes:
- High-flow roto-molded ducting. Mates to OEM airbox and some aftermarket “CAI” MAF/inlet assemblies
- OEM replacement K&N panel filter
- Silicone sleeves and reducers
- Stainless steel clamps
- PCV and breather hose provisions for both automatic and manual transmission applications
- Replacement engine coolant pipe and hose assemblies
- Engine coolant reservoir replacement assembly
- Dual plate supercharger mounting system includes idlers, drive belt and all hardware. Mount features multiple position idler location for a wide range of belt and pulley fits.
- Discharge components include:
- High flow air/air charge cooler. 24″ x 13″ x 3.5″ cooler core.
- Mandrel bent 3″ aluminum charge tubes for high flow and minimal weight
- Stainless steel clamps
- Silicone sleeves
- 98mm MAF housing configured for “blow-through” use. Integrated air-straightener upstream of the MAF housing.
- Vortech Maxflow Race Bypass Valve with filter
[Source: Vortech Superchargers]
- SEMA 2013: Vortech Superchargers Yellow Jacket Mustang
- Vortech Superchargers previews SEMA-bound 'Yellow Jacket' Mustang
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Video: Vortech 2011 Mustang GT makes 577 rwhp on the dyno
- SEMA 2010: Vortech's 2011 Mustang shows off 20th anniversary supercharger system
- New Product: Vortech Competition Air Inlet Upgrade
- Vortech releases air inlet upgrade for the GT500
- Vortech announces "Anniversary Edition" supercharger system for the S197 Mustang
- Vortech shows off the first photos of its 2011 Mustang 5.0 supercharger system
- Featured: Bill Switzer's supercharged 2006 Mustang GT