Matching Ring Brothers Mustangs going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
If there’s one company that makes us truly covet their custom cars, it’s the Ring Brothers. The Wisconsin-based shop has been making us drool over their billet and carbon fiber-clad creations since we first laid eyes on them at SEMA several years ago, and they haven’t stopped amazing us since. That’s why it caught our attention when we saw that a pair of Ring Brothers Mustangs will be going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson in January. The two Mustangs, a 1965 Fastback and a 2007 Shelby GT500, are a matching set and nicknamed “Producer” and “Producer II”.
You might recognize the 1965 Fastback, as we’ve featured it several times on the site – first during its debut at the 2011 SEMA Show as well as when it won the Goodguys 2012 Street Machine of the Year. The car features a widened body – an incredible four inches – custom BASF orange paint, and a Keith Craft 427cid stroker motor producing 740 horsepower.
The matching Shelby – built afterwards as a sister car to the ’65 Fastback, features the same BASF paint, Forgeline wheels, custom quarter window inserts, a carbon fiber roof, Flowmaster exhaust, and a modified version of the supercharged 5.4-liter V8 producing 630 horsepower.
We’ll have live photos of the cars at Barrett-Jackson in January, but until then check out the cars in the gallery below.
- Custom 2011 Mustang sells at Barrett-Jackson for $91,000
- One-off 'School Bus Yellow' Mustang Boss 302 auctioned off for $300,000
- 'Need for Speed' Ford Mustang sells for $300,000 at Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach
- Rare 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible up for grabs at Barrett-Jackson
- Historic 1965 Shelby GT350 R up for auction in January
- Photo Gallery: Ford Mustangs at Mecum's 2013 Monterey Auction
- Need for Speed Ford Mustang movie car to be sold at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction
- Hurst Mustang Convertible pace car to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Mustang FR500S with turnkey race package to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1965 Shelby GT350 once owned by Ford sells for $242,000