Matching Ring Brothers Mustangs going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
If there’s one company that makes us truly covet their custom cars, it’s the Ring Brothers. The Wisconsin-based shop has been making us drool over their billet and carbon fiber-clad creations since we first laid eyes on them at SEMA several years ago, and they haven’t stopped amazing us since. That’s why it caught our attention when we saw that a pair of Ring Brothers Mustangs will be going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson in January. The two Mustangs, a 1965 Fastback and a 2007 Shelby GT500, are a matching set and nicknamed “Producer” and “Producer II”.
You might recognize the 1965 Fastback, as we’ve featured it several times on the site – first during its debut at the 2011 SEMA Show as well as when it won the Goodguys 2012 Street Machine of the Year. The car features a widened body – an incredible four inches – custom BASF orange paint, and a Keith Craft 427cid stroker motor producing 740 horsepower.
The matching Shelby – built afterwards as a sister car to the ’65 Fastback, features the same BASF paint, Forgeline wheels, custom quarter window inserts, a carbon fiber roof, Flowmaster exhaust, and a modified version of the supercharged 5.4-liter V8 producing 630 horsepower.
We’ll have live photos of the cars at Barrett-Jackson in January, but until then check out the cars in the gallery below.
- Rare 1970 Shelby GT500 going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Parnelli Jones' 1969 Boss 302 Trans-Am Mustang going up for auction
- 1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R with 600 miles going up for auction
- Original owner reunites with '65 Mustang Convertible at auction
- SR-71 Mustang sells for $375,000 at EAA AirVenture auction
- 1966 Shelby GT350H race car to cross the block in Monterey
- Classic Recreations reveals 1966 Shelby GT350CR, will auction off prototype in August
- Mustang FR500S with turnkey race package to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- All original, unrestored 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $550,000 at Mecum