Matching Ring Brothers Mustangs going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
If there’s one company that makes us truly covet their custom cars, it’s the Ring Brothers. The Wisconsin-based shop has been making us drool over their billet and carbon fiber-clad creations since we first laid eyes on them at SEMA several years ago, and they haven’t stopped amazing us since. That’s why it caught our attention when we saw that a pair of Ring Brothers Mustangs will be going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson in January. The two Mustangs, a 1965 Fastback and a 2007 Shelby GT500, are a matching set and nicknamed “Producer” and “Producer II”.
You might recognize the 1965 Fastback, as we’ve featured it several times on the site – first during its debut at the 2011 SEMA Show as well as when it won the Goodguys 2012 Street Machine of the Year. The car features a widened body – an incredible four inches – custom BASF orange paint, and a Keith Craft 427cid stroker motor producing 740 horsepower.
The matching Shelby – built afterwards as a sister car to the ’65 Fastback, features the same BASF paint, Forgeline wheels, custom quarter window inserts, a carbon fiber roof, Flowmaster exhaust, and a modified version of the supercharged 5.4-liter V8 producing 630 horsepower.
We’ll have live photos of the cars at Barrett-Jackson in January, but until then check out the cars in the gallery below.
- Mustang FR500S with turnkey race package to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- Rare 1970 Shelby GT500 going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Second production 2011 Shelby GT350 to be auctioned for charity
- Need for Speed Ford Mustang movie car to be sold at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction
- Original owner reunites with '65 Mustang Convertible at auction
- 1965 Shelby GT350R sells for $990,000 at RM auction
- Lee Iacocca's personal 45th Anniversary Edition Mustang up for auction to benefit charity
- 2009 Shelby GT500KR owned by Carroll Shelby going up for auction
- Mint 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach