Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times