Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Shelby begins production of first 2013 GT500 Super Snake
- Shelby ending 2005-2014 Mustang production with GT500 Super Snake Signature Edition
- SVT chief: The Boss 302 was the motivation for the 2013 Shelby GT500, not the Camaro ZL1
- Video: On board with the Lethal Performance 2010 Shelby GT500 as it runs a 9.66 @ 146 mph
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"