Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Video: Meet the engineers behind the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Road & Track gives inside perspective on the 2013 Shelby GT500's Nürburgring testing
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500