Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- Video: Motor Trend pits the 2011 Shelby GT500 against the Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R