Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500