Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the hill climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Used Shelby GT350s selling for more than brand new ones