Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- New Product: Ford Racing Sport Mufflers for the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- 2013 Shelby GT500 to participate in Goodwood Festival of Speed as tribute to Carroll Shelby