Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition
- Photo Gallery: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "Green Hornet"
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Ford officially announces 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Video: On board with the Lethal Performance 2010 Shelby GT500 as it runs a 9.66 @ 146 mph
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500