Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- Car & Driver gets a ride in the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show