Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Video: On board with the Lethal Performance 2010 Shelby GT500 as it runs a 9.66 @ 146 mph
- Report: 2013 Shelby GT500 capable of mid 11 second 1/4 mile times
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower