Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 underrated, dyno tests at 609 rwhp
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show
- Ford details 2013 Shelby GT500's new launch control system
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 top speed testing at the Nardo Ring
- 2013 Shelby GT500 priced at $54,995
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Photo Gallery: Ford releases new images of the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8