Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- Special 2013 Shelby GT500 to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson
- Ford releases official details on 2011 Shelby GT500 including new aluminum block V8
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- New Product: JLT Super Big Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Video: 2011 Shelby Super Snake vs Shelby 427 Cobra
- Photo Gallery: 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake