Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec @ 126 mph
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra R together represent 20 years of SVT
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Video: Hot Rod Magazine test drives the 2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- SPEED to give away custom Shelby GT500 as Hagerty Fantasty Bid grand prize during Barrett-Jackson
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity