Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Barn Find discovered in Death Valley
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Video: Durability testing the 2013 Shelby GT500 with Carroll Shelby
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Shelby GT500 will continue past 2014 as part of next generation Mustang lineup