Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
With 662 horsepower and a top speed of more than 200 miles per hour, the 2013 Shelby GT500 is undoubtedly the current king of American muscle cars. But how does it compare to European’s muscle machines? The car magazine EVO wanted to find out, and pitted the only 2013 GT500 in all of England against the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. The Mercedes is undoubtedly at a disadvantage when it comes to horsepower – packing just 451 horsepower and 442 lb-ft torque, but it also comes with a lighting quick 7-speed automatic transmission.
The two cars were paired against one another on a runway, with the fastest to the 1000 meter mark named as the winner. Who takes the checkered flag and is declared king of the muscle cars? Hit the play button below to find out.
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Lethal Performance's 2013 Shelby GT500 sets new record with 9.39 second 1/4 mile run
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible makes debut at Chicago Auto Show
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 hits the racetrack
- Full 2013 Shelby GT500 specifications
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital