New Product: Kenny Brown Rear Shock Tower Brace for the 2005-2014 Mustang
Kenny Brown has released his new Heavy-Duty Rear Shock Tower Brace designed to fit 2005-2014 Mustang, Boss 302 and Shelby GT500. The new rear brace features a 3-point mounting design and is a must have component for street, open-track, or when using coil-over shocks.
“Our Heavy-Duty Rear Shock Tower Brace comes from necessity, according to Kenny Brown. This is just one of several new components that have been spawned from our GT4 Mustang program. Anyone that converts to coil-over rear shocks should strongly consider some additional bracing at the rear shock towers, but it also makes a huge difference in the overall feel and dynamics of the car.”
The Rear Shock Tower Brace is designed to reinforce the shock mounting points and the mid-section of the car over the rear axle. The unique three-point design ties both shock towers together, and mounts to the mid pan just in front of the spare tire. By triangulating this area together you create a much more rigid structure that improves ride-quality and handling, while also adding the reinforcement needed for coil-over or racing shocks. The three-point design also allows for minimal weight addition with maximum strengthening.
Installation uses the OEM hardware for traditional type rear shocks, along with other additional pre-drilled mounting locations, and is compatible with coil-over rear shock assemblies. The component is manufactured from high-grade steel, finished in a durable powder coating, and includes all required hardware.
The Heavy-Duty Rear Shock Tower Brace for 2005-2014 Mustang, Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 along with other world-class chassis and suspension components for the S197 platform are available through authorized Kenny Brown Performance Parts Dealers, online at www.kennybrown.com or by calling Kenny Brown Performance direct – (855) 847-4477.
[Source: Kenny Brown]
- SEMA 2012: Kenny Brown GT4-RS Autobahn Edition Mustang
- Kenny Brown releases Extreme Matrix Kit for 1964 1/2 to 1970 Ford Mustangs
- New Product: Kenny Brown Brake Cooling Kit for the 1994-2014 Ford Mustang
- New Product: Kenny Brown Tubular K-Member for the 2005+ Mustang
- SEMA Preview: Kenny Brown GT-4T Mustang to debut
- Kenny Brown releases 2012 Mustang performance parts catalog
- New Product: Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix Kit for the 1979-2014 Ford Mustang
- Kenny Brown announces GT4-CS Autobahn Edition Mustang for the track day enthusiast
- SEMA 2011: Kenny Brown GT-4T Mustang Convertible