Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
It looks like Shelby will have a very busy Detroit Auto Show, as company president John Luft has revealed that the best GT500 Super Snake yet will make its debut at on Tuesday, January 15th. “I certainly don’t want to tip my hand, but I can say in Detroit, we will unveil the gotta-have Super Snake of all time,” Luft told the Detroit Free Press.
Luft didn’t give any additional details about the car, but according to vice president Gary Patterson the updated Super Snake will showcase a new widebody kit first seen on the one-off Shelby GT500 Cobra built as a tribute to Carroll. “We have a widebody option on the 2013 Super Snake, a concept you’ll be able to see at the Detroit Auto Show in January,” he wrote on the Shelby American blog. “This will allow you to put a lot of tire on the car, allowing you to put a 345 or even a 355 wide tire on the back.”
The widebody GT500 Super Snake will join another new Shelby debut in Detroit, which the company says will have EcoBoost power.
We’ll have full details and plenty of live photos when the cars are officially introduced in a couple weeks.
[Source: Detroit Free Press, Shelby]
- Photo Gallery: Need for Speed Shelby GT500 Hero Car
- 2012 Shelby GT500 tops Forbes' list of fastest cars under $50,000
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Spy Photos: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible caught testing with quad exhaust tips
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- Motor Trend puts the 2013 Shelby GT500's 200 mph top speed to the test
- 2013 Shelby GT500: 200 mph was the goal
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- New Product: K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ Shelby GT500
- Vortech releases air inlet upgrade for the GT500