Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
It looks like Shelby will have a very busy Detroit Auto Show, as company president John Luft has revealed that the best GT500 Super Snake yet will make its debut at on Tuesday, January 15th. “I certainly don’t want to tip my hand, but I can say in Detroit, we will unveil the gotta-have Super Snake of all time,” Luft told the Detroit Free Press.
Luft didn’t give any additional details about the car, but according to vice president Gary Patterson the updated Super Snake will showcase a new widebody kit first seen on the one-off Shelby GT500 Cobra built as a tribute to Carroll. “We have a widebody option on the 2013 Super Snake, a concept you’ll be able to see at the Detroit Auto Show in January,” he wrote on the Shelby American blog. “This will allow you to put a lot of tire on the car, allowing you to put a 345 or even a 355 wide tire on the back.”
The widebody GT500 Super Snake will join another new Shelby debut in Detroit, which the company says will have EcoBoost power.
We’ll have full details and plenty of live photos when the cars are officially introduced in a couple weeks.
[Source: Detroit Free Press, Shelby]
- 2013 Shelby GT500 reviews hit the web
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- New Product: Vortech Maxflow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for the Shelby GT500
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes to the track
- Lysholm supercharger kits for 2007-2009 Shelby GT500s now available for order
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- 2013 Shelby GT500 certified at 662 horsepower and 630 lb-ft torque