Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
It looks like Shelby will have a very busy Detroit Auto Show, as company president John Luft has revealed that the best GT500 Super Snake yet will make its debut at on Tuesday, January 15th. “I certainly don’t want to tip my hand, but I can say in Detroit, we will unveil the gotta-have Super Snake of all time,” Luft told the Detroit Free Press.
Luft didn’t give any additional details about the car, but according to vice president Gary Patterson the updated Super Snake will showcase a new widebody kit first seen on the one-off Shelby GT500 Cobra built as a tribute to Carroll. “We have a widebody option on the 2013 Super Snake, a concept you’ll be able to see at the Detroit Auto Show in January,” he wrote on the Shelby American blog. “This will allow you to put a lot of tire on the car, allowing you to put a 345 or even a 355 wide tire on the back.”
The widebody GT500 Super Snake will join another new Shelby debut in Detroit, which the company says will have EcoBoost power.
We’ll have full details and plenty of live photos when the cars are officially introduced in a couple weeks.
[Source: Detroit Free Press, Shelby]
- Code Red: Shelby and Nelson Racing Engines team up for 1000 rwhp twin-turbo GT500 prototype
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- The 2013 Shelby GT500's official top speed? 202 mph.
- Inside Line takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 on a cross-country road trip
- Ford officially announces 2010 Shelby GT500 with 540 horsepower
- Video: Jay Leno drives the 2013 Shelby GT500
- Video: Ford takes the 2013 Shelby GT500 to the drag strip
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby GT500
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 takes on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG