Ultimate Shelby GT500 Super Snake to debut at Detroit Auto Show
It looks like Shelby will have a very busy Detroit Auto Show, as company president John Luft has revealed that the best GT500 Super Snake yet will make its debut at on Tuesday, January 15th. “I certainly don’t want to tip my hand, but I can say in Detroit, we will unveil the gotta-have Super Snake of all time,” Luft told the Detroit Free Press.
Luft didn’t give any additional details about the car, but according to vice president Gary Patterson the updated Super Snake will showcase a new widebody kit first seen on the one-off Shelby GT500 Cobra built as a tribute to Carroll. “We have a widebody option on the 2013 Super Snake, a concept you’ll be able to see at the Detroit Auto Show in January,” he wrote on the Shelby American blog. “This will allow you to put a lot of tire on the car, allowing you to put a 345 or even a 355 wide tire on the back.”
The widebody GT500 Super Snake will join another new Shelby debut in Detroit, which the company says will have EcoBoost power.
We’ll have full details and plenty of live photos when the cars are officially introduced in a couple weeks.
[Source: Detroit Free Press, Shelby]
- Video: Watch the Shelby GT500 hit 190 mph on the Autobahn
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 at the L.A. Auto Show
- 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible debut confirmed for Chicago Auto Show
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible at the Chicago Auto Show
- Video: 2013 Shelby GT500 burnout
- Shelby president John Luft on the development of the Shelby 1000 and the future of Shelby Mustangs
- SEMA Preview: 1000 horsepower widebody Shelby GT500 Super Snake
- President Obama calls the 2013 Shelby GT500 "sick"
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Red Candy
- Video: Evolution Performance and Lund Racing tune the 2013 Shelby GT500