New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang
Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced a new short-throw shifter for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6 and GT with the 6-speed manual transmission. The shifter looks to be made by Barton Industries – they offer their own version of the shifter for the Mustang – which isn’t a bad thing since their unit is well designed and made from quality materials. Part number M-7210-MGTB, the shifter features 6061 T6 billet aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction as well as a blue anodized finish for corrosion resistance, a strong polyurethane bushing and a white ball shifter, and the Ford Racing logo can be found on both the bracket, handle and knob. Throw is reduced by forty percent compared to the stock unit.
The bad news comes in the form of pricing. The Ford Racing short-throw shifter is listed with a retail price of $519.00 while the nearly identical Barton setup will only set you back $389.00.
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- Meet Ford Racing's 2013 Mustang project car
- Official details on Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s Mustang RTR
- Ford unveils next generation Mustang racecar, the Boss 302R
- Ford planning huge Mustang display at Woodward Dream Cruise
- New Product: Ford Racing 90mm throttle body for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- New Product: Ford Racing Boss Intake Power Up Kit for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
- Photo Gallery: Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown at Milan Dragway
- First time winners take home the trophies at second round of Cobra Jet Showdown
- Ford Racing announces performance intake manifold for the 3-valve 4.6L V8
- New Product: Ford Racing 2010+ Mustang front splitter kit