New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang
Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced a new short-throw shifter for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6 and GT with the 6-speed manual transmission. The shifter looks to be made by Barton Industries – they offer their own version of the shifter for the Mustang – which isn’t a bad thing since their unit is well designed and made from quality materials. Part number M-7210-MGTB, the shifter features 6061 T6 billet aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction as well as a blue anodized finish for corrosion resistance, a strong polyurethane bushing and a white ball shifter, and the Ford Racing logo can be found on both the bracket, handle and knob. Throw is reduced by forty percent compared to the stock unit.
The bad news comes in the form of pricing. The Ford Racing short-throw shifter is listed with a retail price of $519.00 while the nearly identical Barton setup will only set you back $389.00.
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- Video: Coyote Countdown at the Carlisle All Ford Nationals
- Mustang Cobra Jet confirmed for 2013, will include 5.0-liter V8 options
- Power Upgrade Package for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 available from Ford Racing
- 2014 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet announced with new colors, features
- Ford Racing announces 2.9L supercharger upgrade package for the 2011 Shelby GT500 good for 750 horsepower
- This is Ford Racing's Mustang Concept at SEMA
- Ford Racing adds two new wheel options for the S197 Mustang
- New Product: Ford Racing quad-tip exhaust conversion kit
- Video: Ford Racing tests the Boss 302S at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- New Product: Ford Racing 2010+ Mustang front splitter kit