New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang
Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced a new short-throw shifter for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6 and GT with the 6-speed manual transmission. The shifter looks to be made by Barton Industries – they offer their own version of the shifter for the Mustang – which isn’t a bad thing since their unit is well designed and made from quality materials. Part number M-7210-MGTB, the shifter features 6061 T6 billet aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction as well as a blue anodized finish for corrosion resistance, a strong polyurethane bushing and a white ball shifter, and the Ford Racing logo can be found on both the bracket, handle and knob. Throw is reduced by forty percent compared to the stock unit.
The bad news comes in the form of pricing. The Ford Racing short-throw shifter is listed with a retail price of $519.00 while the nearly identical Barton setup will only set you back $389.00.
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- 2013 Ford Mustang Competition Kit now available from Ford Racing
- New Product: Ford Racing Rear Seat Delete Kit and X-Brace for the 2011+ Mustang
- New Product: Ford Racing Boss 302S Wheel
- New Product: NMRA Coyote Stock Sealed 5.0L V8 Crate Engine
- New Product: Ford Racing SVT 19-inch wheels with black finish
- New Product: Ford Racing Cobra Jet Intake Manifold for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
- 50 Ford Racing parts for the 5.0 Mustang
- New Product: Ford Racing 3.73 axle assembly with Torsen differential
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Adjustable Handling Pack for the 2011 Mustang GT
- Ford Racing builds 500+ horsepower Mustang Boss 302