New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang
Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced a new short-throw shifter for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6 and GT with the 6-speed manual transmission. The shifter looks to be made by Barton Industries – they offer their own version of the shifter for the Mustang – which isn’t a bad thing since their unit is well designed and made from quality materials. Part number M-7210-MGTB, the shifter features 6061 T6 billet aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction as well as a blue anodized finish for corrosion resistance, a strong polyurethane bushing and a white ball shifter, and the Ford Racing logo can be found on both the bracket, handle and knob. Throw is reduced by forty percent compared to the stock unit.
The bad news comes in the form of pricing. The Ford Racing short-throw shifter is listed with a retail price of $519.00 while the nearly identical Barton setup will only set you back $389.00.
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- New Product: Ford Racing 2010+ Mustang front splitter kit
- New Product: Ford Racing 5.0L DOHC Aluminator Crate Engine NA
- New Product: Ford Racing 90mm throttle body for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- New Product: Ford Racing 5.0L DOHC Aluminator Crate Engine
- Video: How a Ford Racing 5.0L Aluminator Crate Engine is built
- Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing
- New Product: Ford Racing Boss 302S Wheel
- New Product: 2011 Mustang 5.0 cylinder heads from Ford Racing
- Select Shelby GT500KR parts now available from Ford Racing
- Meet Ford Racing's 2013 Mustang project car