New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang
Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced a new short-throw shifter for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6 and GT with the 6-speed manual transmission. The shifter looks to be made by Barton Industries – they offer their own version of the shifter for the Mustang – which isn’t a bad thing since their unit is well designed and made from quality materials. Part number M-7210-MGTB, the shifter features 6061 T6 billet aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction as well as a blue anodized finish for corrosion resistance, a strong polyurethane bushing and a white ball shifter, and the Ford Racing logo can be found on both the bracket, handle and knob. Throw is reduced by forty percent compared to the stock unit.
The bad news comes in the form of pricing. The Ford Racing short-throw shifter is listed with a retail price of $519.00 while the nearly identical Barton setup will only set you back $389.00.
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- SEMA 2013: Edelbrock announces winner of 75th Anniversary 2013 Ford Mustang GT
- New Product: Ford Racing 5.0L Aluminum Race Block
- New Product: Ford Racing Cobra Jet Intake Manifold for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
- New Product: Ford Racing coil covers for the 2011+ Mustang 5.0
- Ford to give away 2012 Mustang 5.0 with Ford Racing parts
- Meet Ford Racing's 2013 Mustang project car
- New Product: Ford Racing SVT 19-inch wheels with black finish
- New Product: Ford Racing Shaker Hood System for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- New Product: NMRA Coyote Stock Sealed 5.0L V8 Crate Engine
- New Product: Ford Racing Handling Pack for the 2011 Mustang V6