New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang
Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced a new short-throw shifter for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6 and GT with the 6-speed manual transmission. The shifter looks to be made by Barton Industries – they offer their own version of the shifter for the Mustang – which isn’t a bad thing since their unit is well designed and made from quality materials. Part number M-7210-MGTB, the shifter features 6061 T6 billet aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction as well as a blue anodized finish for corrosion resistance, a strong polyurethane bushing and a white ball shifter, and the Ford Racing logo can be found on both the bracket, handle and knob. Throw is reduced by forty percent compared to the stock unit.
The bad news comes in the form of pricing. The Ford Racing short-throw shifter is listed with a retail price of $519.00 while the nearly identical Barton setup will only set you back $389.00.
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- New Product: Ford Racing 3.73 axle assembly with Torsen differential
- New Product: Ford Racing 2010+ Mustang front splitter kit
- Ford Racing doubles warranty on select crate engines to 2 years / 24,000 miles
- Ford Racing Performance Parts releases 2013 catalog online
- Ford to give away 2012 Mustang 5.0 with Ford Racing parts
- Ford Racing announces contingency package and driver registration for 2011
- New Product: Boss 302R intake manifold for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- 2013 Cobra Jet engines now available from Ford Racing
- New Product: Ford Racing quad-tip exhaust conversion kit
- New Product: Ford Racing Side Exhaust Kit for the 2010 Mustang GT