New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang
Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced a new short-throw shifter for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6 and GT with the 6-speed manual transmission. The shifter looks to be made by Barton Industries – they offer their own version of the shifter for the Mustang – which isn’t a bad thing since their unit is well designed and made from quality materials. Part number M-7210-MGTB, the shifter features 6061 T6 billet aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction as well as a blue anodized finish for corrosion resistance, a strong polyurethane bushing and a white ball shifter, and the Ford Racing logo can be found on both the bracket, handle and knob. Throw is reduced by forty percent compared to the stock unit.
The bad news comes in the form of pricing. The Ford Racing short-throw shifter is listed with a retail price of $519.00 while the nearly identical Barton setup will only set you back $389.00.
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- New Product: Ford Racing 62mm billett throttle body for 2005-2010 Mustangs
- Boss 302R Mustang finishes fourth in Grand-Am debut
- Video: Ford Racing dyno tests the 2012 Mustang Cobra Jet
- Select Shelby GT500KR parts now available from Ford Racing
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Adjustable Handling Pack for the 2011 Mustang GT
- Vaughn Gitten Jr. Takes First Formula Drift Win with His Falken Tires / Ford Racing Mustang
- Video: Ford Racing discusses the past, present and future of the Mustang Cobra Jet
- Video: Ford Racing tests the Boss 302S at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Rehagen Racing's Dean Martin takes TA3 class win in Trans Am season opener
- First Photos of the FR500CJ Cobra Jet Mustang