New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang
Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced a new short-throw shifter for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6 and GT with the 6-speed manual transmission. The shifter looks to be made by Barton Industries – they offer their own version of the shifter for the Mustang – which isn’t a bad thing since their unit is well designed and made from quality materials. Part number M-7210-MGTB, the shifter features 6061 T6 billet aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction as well as a blue anodized finish for corrosion resistance, a strong polyurethane bushing and a white ball shifter, and the Ford Racing logo can be found on both the bracket, handle and knob. Throw is reduced by forty percent compared to the stock unit.
The bad news comes in the form of pricing. The Ford Racing short-throw shifter is listed with a retail price of $519.00 while the nearly identical Barton setup will only set you back $389.00.
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- Ford FR500CJ Mustang Wins Debut Race at NHRA Winternationals
- Vaughn Gittin Jr. captures 2010 Formula Drift championship
- Video: Watch the 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet get assembled
- Ford Racing shows how a Mustang Cobra Jet engine is built
- SEMA 2012: Roush, Ford Racing and Sherwin-Williams team up for custom 700 horsepower Stage 3 Mustang
- New Product: Ford Racing Boss Intake Power Up Kit for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
- Video: Tasca Mod Shop shows off Ford Racing's 750 horsepower Shelby GT500 supercharger
- TracKey to limit the Boss 302's powertrain warranty to 3 years / 36,000 miles
- Buyers Guide: Supercharger systems for the 2011+ Mustang 5.0
- New Product: Ford Racing brake duct kit for the 2010+ Mustang