New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang
Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced a new short-throw shifter for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6 and GT with the 6-speed manual transmission. The shifter looks to be made by Barton Industries – they offer their own version of the shifter for the Mustang – which isn’t a bad thing since their unit is well designed and made from quality materials. Part number M-7210-MGTB, the shifter features 6061 T6 billet aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction as well as a blue anodized finish for corrosion resistance, a strong polyurethane bushing and a white ball shifter, and the Ford Racing logo can be found on both the bracket, handle and knob. Throw is reduced by forty percent compared to the stock unit.
The bad news comes in the form of pricing. The Ford Racing short-throw shifter is listed with a retail price of $519.00 while the nearly identical Barton setup will only set you back $389.00.
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- Mustang Cobra Jet confirmed for 2013, will include 5.0-liter V8 options
- Video: Ford Racing tests the Boss 302S at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Ford Racing Mustang Challenge to be Featured in HD Reality Series
- New Product: Ford Racing FR3 Adjustable Handling Pack for the 2011 Mustang GT
- 5.0L Mustang V8 crate engines available from Ford Racing starting August 15th
- Ford Racing announces the 2012 Mustang Competition Roller
- SEMA 2012: Roush, Ford Racing and Sherwin-Williams team up for custom 700 horsepower Stage 3 Mustang
- Ford unveils next generation Mustang racecar, the Boss 302R
- New Product: Ford Racing announces 2011 Mustang GT sport mufflers
- Ford Racing officially announces new supercharger system for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 with up to 624 horsepower