New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang
Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced a new short-throw shifter for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6 and GT with the 6-speed manual transmission. The shifter looks to be made by Barton Industries – they offer their own version of the shifter for the Mustang – which isn’t a bad thing since their unit is well designed and made from quality materials. Part number M-7210-MGTB, the shifter features 6061 T6 billet aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction as well as a blue anodized finish for corrosion resistance, a strong polyurethane bushing and a white ball shifter, and the Ford Racing logo can be found on both the bracket, handle and knob. Throw is reduced by forty percent compared to the stock unit.
The bad news comes in the form of pricing. The Ford Racing short-throw shifter is listed with a retail price of $519.00 while the nearly identical Barton setup will only set you back $389.00.
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- New Product: Ford Racing Shaker Hood System for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- Video: Mustang Cobra Jets go head-to-head at Milan Dragway
- Kurgan Motorsports and Ford Racing to install Coyote 5.0L V8 into a Fox Body Mustang live at Carlisle All-Ford Nationals
- Ford Racing to offer select Boss 302 parts in the FRPP catalog
- New Product: Ford Racing 90mm throttle body for the 2011+ Mustang GT
- Video: Ford Racing discusses the past, present and future of the Mustang Cobra Jet
- Ford Racing doubles warranty on select crate engines to 2 years / 24,000 miles
- Featured: Bill Switzer's supercharged 2006 Mustang GT
- Video: A Ford Mustang Cobra Jet takes on a Ford Fiesta rally car at the drag strip
- Ford Racing to sell the Boss 302 intake manifold through FRPP catalog