New Product: Ford Racing Short-Throw Shifter for the 2011-2014 Mustang
Ford Racing Performance Parts has announced a new short-throw shifter for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6 and GT with the 6-speed manual transmission. The shifter looks to be made by Barton Industries – they offer their own version of the shifter for the Mustang – which isn’t a bad thing since their unit is well designed and made from quality materials. Part number M-7210-MGTB, the shifter features 6061 T6 billet aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction as well as a blue anodized finish for corrosion resistance, a strong polyurethane bushing and a white ball shifter, and the Ford Racing logo can be found on both the bracket, handle and knob. Throw is reduced by forty percent compared to the stock unit.
The bad news comes in the form of pricing. The Ford Racing short-throw shifter is listed with a retail price of $519.00 while the nearly identical Barton setup will only set you back $389.00.
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- Boss 302 5.0L V8 crate motors now available from Ford Racing
- Ford Racing officially announces details and pricing for 2012 Cobra Jet, currently taking orders
- New Product: Ford Racing Mustang Gauge Pack
- Rehagen Racing's Dean Martin takes TA3 class win in Trans Am season opener
- Win a 2013 Mustang customized by Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Justin Pawlak
- Photo Gallery: Ford Racing Mustang Cobra Jet Concept unveiling at SEMA
- Photo Gallery: Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown at Milan Dragway
- Ford Racing shows off first production 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet engines
- Ford FR500CJ Mustang Wins Debut Race at NHRA Winternationals
- Photo Gallery: 2014 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet completes first test session