SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
You may remember last year that SPEED TV gave away a custom Shelby GT500 during the Barrett-Jackson auction in Arizona as part of their Hagerty Fantasy Bid contest. If you missed your chance last year then don’t worry – SPEED will be giving away a Shelby once again for 2013. Yesterday the channel announced that a one-of-a-kind, 800-plus- horsepower 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang HFB Special Edition will be this year’s Hagerty Fantasy Bid giveaway grand prize, a part of SPEED’s 39 hours of live coverage from the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Event and Auction in Scottsdale, Ariz. that starts Tuesday, Jan. 15 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. The unique Shelby features a variety of upgrades including a Borla exhaust system, cold air intake, Ford Racing suspension, Shelby wheels with Nitto drag radial tires, custom suede interior and more.
Want to enter? It’s easy. Simply signing up for the Hagerty Fantasy Bid contestant and placing a fantasy bid will automatically make you eligible for the giveaway Mustang. Contestants can also enter via mobile device by sending an SMS text message to ‘773333’ (SPEED 3) with a fantasy bid during applicable bidding times. Game play begins Thursday, Jan. 17 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT and lasts through Sunday, Jan. 20 with 28 fantasy bid cars selected to cross the block throughout the weekend. A random drawing from all fantasy bid entries throughout the four days of competition determines the winner, which concludes on Sunday, Jan. 20.
Contestants can also win a variety of other prizes – playersamassing the most points over the four days of Hagerty Fantasy Bid Game play will be declared the Grand Prize winner, and receiving a 60-inch Samsung 3D LED HD Smart Television. The overall runner up wins a Microsoft Surface 32 GB tablet, while the third-place player receives a 160-gigabyte Sony PS3 Playstation. Four $500 fuel cards are also being awarded for accumulating the most points per day, and a 32-gigabyte Apple iPad mini will be awarded to each of the 28 per-car winners.
[Source: SPEED TV]
- Hurst Mustang Convertible Pace Car auctioned off for charity at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: One-off 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca live at Barrett-Jackson
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra raises $200,000 for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1965 Shelby GT350 once owned by Ford sells for $242,000
- Custom 2011 Mustang sells at Barrett-Jackson for $91,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Very first 1967 Shelby Mustang nets $165,000
- The top ten most expensive Ford Mustangs sold at auction
- Grabber Orange 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 to be sold at Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000