One-off Shelby GT500s to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
For the last several years Ford has created a tradition of auctioning off a special car for charity at Barrett-Jackson, and 2013 will be no exception. There will be one slight change, though, as this year there will be two cars crossing the block!
First up is the one-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra built as a tribute to Carroll. The car was unveiled this summer at the Monterey Motorsports Reunion and features a supercharger upgrade good for 850 horsepower, a special widebody kit that allows for larger wheels and tires as well as Guardsman Blue paint with Wimbledon White stripes has a nod to the Shelby Cobra. Proceeds from the sale will be donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Second up is another Shelby GT500 that was originally auctioned at the “Get Your Heart Racing” fundraiser in September to benefit the Benson Ford Heart & Vascular Institute at the Henry Ford Health System. It looks like the buyer is being extra generous, as he or she has decided to put the car up for sale once again with the proceeds going to the same charity. The custom Shelby features white graphics and wheels along with custom white Recaro seats and black stitching.
Look for more photos of these two Shelby GT500s at Barrett-Jackson as part of our live coverage next week.
- Photo Gallery: One-off Hagerty Fantasy Bid 2013 Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1968 Shelby EXP 500 "The Green Hornet" fails to sell at $1.8 million
- 2011 Mustang Daytona 500 Pace Car sells for $330,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 survivor sells for $247,500
- Classic Design Concepts Flashback Mustang going to Barrett-Jackson auction in January
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $247,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake nets $154,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Johnny Sparks' Reversion Mustang sells for $61,600
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, original 1967 Shelby GT500 sells for $192,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers "Dragon" highest selling Mustang at $346,500