One-off Shelby GT500s to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
For the last several years Ford has created a tradition of auctioning off a special car for charity at Barrett-Jackson, and 2013 will be no exception. There will be one slight change, though, as this year there will be two cars crossing the block!
First up is the one-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra built as a tribute to Carroll. The car was unveiled this summer at the Monterey Motorsports Reunion and features a supercharger upgrade good for 850 horsepower, a special widebody kit that allows for larger wheels and tires as well as Guardsman Blue paint with Wimbledon White stripes has a nod to the Shelby Cobra. Proceeds from the sale will be donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Second up is another Shelby GT500 that was originally auctioned at the “Get Your Heart Racing” fundraiser in September to benefit the Benson Ford Heart & Vascular Institute at the Henry Ford Health System. It looks like the buyer is being extra generous, as he or she has decided to put the car up for sale once again with the proceeds going to the same charity. The custom Shelby features white graphics and wheels along with custom white Recaro seats and black stitching.
Look for more photos of these two Shelby GT500s at Barrett-Jackson as part of our live coverage next week.
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible in Deep Impact Blue
- Hurst Mustang Convertible Pace Car auctioned off for charity at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby Terlingua Continuation Mustang fetches $110,000
- Need for Speed Ford Mustang movie car to be sold at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach auction
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1965 Shelby GT350 sells for $374,000
- Aftermarket companies team up to build charity Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- First retail 2015 Ford Mustang to be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700