One-off Shelby GT500s to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
For the last several years Ford has created a tradition of auctioning off a special car for charity at Barrett-Jackson, and 2013 will be no exception. There will be one slight change, though, as this year there will be two cars crossing the block!
First up is the one-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra built as a tribute to Carroll. The car was unveiled this summer at the Monterey Motorsports Reunion and features a supercharger upgrade good for 850 horsepower, a special widebody kit that allows for larger wheels and tires as well as Guardsman Blue paint with Wimbledon White stripes has a nod to the Shelby Cobra. Proceeds from the sale will be donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Second up is another Shelby GT500 that was originally auctioned at the “Get Your Heart Racing” fundraiser in September to benefit the Benson Ford Heart & Vascular Institute at the Henry Ford Health System. It looks like the buyer is being extra generous, as he or she has decided to put the car up for sale once again with the proceeds going to the same charity. The custom Shelby features white graphics and wheels along with custom white Recaro seats and black stitching.
Look for more photos of these two Shelby GT500s at Barrett-Jackson as part of our live coverage next week.
- Hurst Mustang Convertible Pace Car auctioned off for charity at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000
- Unique 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet prototype sells for $200,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 survivor sells for $247,500
- Ford to auction one-off Grabber Blue Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
- 2000 Mustang Cobra R #2 up for auction at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- Aftermarket companies team up to build charity Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers "Dragon" highest selling Mustang at $346,500
- Abundance of Shelby Mustangs set for Barrett-Jackson's 2013 Scottsdale auction