One-off Shelby GT500s to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
For the last several years Ford has created a tradition of auctioning off a special car for charity at Barrett-Jackson, and 2013 will be no exception. There will be one slight change, though, as this year there will be two cars crossing the block!
First up is the one-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra built as a tribute to Carroll. The car was unveiled this summer at the Monterey Motorsports Reunion and features a supercharger upgrade good for 850 horsepower, a special widebody kit that allows for larger wheels and tires as well as Guardsman Blue paint with Wimbledon White stripes has a nod to the Shelby Cobra. Proceeds from the sale will be donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Second up is another Shelby GT500 that was originally auctioned at the “Get Your Heart Racing” fundraiser in September to benefit the Benson Ford Heart & Vascular Institute at the Henry Ford Health System. It looks like the buyer is being extra generous, as he or she has decided to put the car up for sale once again with the proceeds going to the same charity. The custom Shelby features white graphics and wheels along with custom white Recaro seats and black stitching.
Look for more photos of these two Shelby GT500s at Barrett-Jackson as part of our live coverage next week.
- Grabber Blue 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca sells at Barrett-Jackson for $450,000
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Ford debuts 2013 Mustang California Special at Barrett-Jackson
- Roush and Barrett-Jackson team up for limited edition Mustang
- Ford to auction first 2016 Shelby GT350R for charity
- Photo Gallery: Galpin's latest widebody Shelby GT500 shows off classic paint scheme
- Grabber Orange 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 to be sold at Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra raises $200,000 for charity
- Unique 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet prototype sells for $200,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find sells for $385,000