New Product: Ford Racing Cobra Jet Intake Manifold for the 2011-2014 Mustang GT
Not long after the Mustang Boss 302 went on sale the car’s high-flow intake manifold found its way into the Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog, making for a popular upgrade for 2011+ Mustang owners that used a centrifugal supercharger or who wanted to stay naturally aspirated. Now Ford Racing is providing yet another option in the form of the Cobra Jet intake manifold. Part #M-9424-M50CJ, the unit is the same one used on the naturally aspirated 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet and provides an even greater horsepower increase than the Boss 302 intake manifold without losing torque. The manifold is constructed of lightweight composite material and fits directly to the Mustang GT’s 5.0L V8. There are a few drawbacks, however. The manifold is not compatible with the Boss 302 strut tower brace, requires a custom intake tube, and both a new throttle body and calibration are required.
Retail pricing is listed at $995.00.
Cobra Jet Intake Manifold Features:
- Fits 2011-2013 Mustang GT 5.0L Ti-VCT engine
- Original equipment on naturally aspirated version of 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet Race Car
- Made from light-weight composite material
- Runners tuned for 7750 rpm peak power
- Requires a GT500 throttle body or M-9926-CJ65, or M-9926-SCJ Cobra Jet throttle body
- Requires custom air intake tube to mate to oval throttle body
- Calibration required
- Not compatible with Boss 302 strut tower brace
- Compatible with production 5.0L Ti-VCT fuel rail
- O-ring intake gaskets included
- Significant power increase above the M-9424-M50BR Ford Racing Boss 302 intake manifold with no loss of torque.
- Nitrous oxide not recommended for use with this manifold
[Source: Ford Racing Performance Parts]
- New Product: Ford Racing Boss 302S Wheel
- This is Ford Racing's Mustang Concept at SEMA
- Updated 2010 FR500CJ Cobra Jet Mustang introduced at SEMA
- Video: Ford Racing discusses the past, present and future of the Mustang Cobra Jet
- Ford Racing unleashes twin-turbo Cobra Jet Concept
- Kurgan Motorsports and Ford Racing to install Coyote 5.0L V8 into a Fox Body Mustang live at Carlisle All-Ford Nationals
- Video: Ford Racing tests the Boss 302S at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Power Upgrade Package for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 available from Ford Racing
- Ford Racing to debut EcoBoost Mustang concept at SEMA?
- New Product: Ford Racing Mustang Gauge Pack