Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GTS Widebody
The stunning GT500 Super Snake Widebody may have captured all of our attention yesterday at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, but it wasn’t the only new Mustang in the Shelby display. Also making its debut for the first time was a Shelby GTS featuring the new widebody kit, showing off its extra girth in Grabber Blue with White stripes and polished wheels. The car demonstrates the fact that Shelby is offering the new widebody kit on their entire range of models, and as we told you previously it will also be available on 2005-2009 models as well.
The widebody kit itself is comprised of new fiberglass front and rear fenders, adding 3-inches and 6-inches to the width of the car, respectively, as well as a wheel (20×10 front, 20×13 rear) and tire (265/35/R20 front, 345/35/R20 rear) package. Retail pricing for the full package is listed at $17,995.
You can see the Shelby GTS Widebody in more detail in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: Watch a Shelby GT500 blow up a dyno
- SEMA 2010: Corsa announces 2011 Shelby GT500 exhaust system
- SEMA 2012: JF Kustoms 1967 Shelby GT500 "Kardiac"
- SPEED TV to give away custom 2013 Shelby GT500 during Barrett-Jackson
- Video: Ford shows off 2013 Shelby GT500's launch control system
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
- Shelby announces widebody kit for the 2005-2009 Ford Mustang
- A tour of Classic Recreations, home of the Shelby GT500CR
- Shelby GT350 Convertible Widebody to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- Motor Trend tests the 2012 Shelby GTS