Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GTS Widebody
The stunning GT500 Super Snake Widebody may have captured all of our attention yesterday at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, but it wasn’t the only new Mustang in the Shelby display. Also making its debut for the first time was a Shelby GTS featuring the new widebody kit, showing off its extra girth in Grabber Blue with White stripes and polished wheels. The car demonstrates the fact that Shelby is offering the new widebody kit on their entire range of models, and as we told you previously it will also be available on 2005-2009 models as well.
The widebody kit itself is comprised of new fiberglass front and rear fenders, adding 3-inches and 6-inches to the width of the car, respectively, as well as a wheel (20×10 front, 20×13 rear) and tire (265/35/R20 front, 345/35/R20 rear) package. Retail pricing for the full package is listed at $17,995.
You can see the Shelby GTS Widebody in more detail in the gallery below.
Photos © 2012 MustangsDaily.com
- Video: First 2013 Shelby GT500 in the 9s
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000
- Video: Motor Trend pits the 2011 Shelby GT500 against the Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R
- Production of first Shelby 1000 begins in Las Vegas
- 1967 Shelby GT500 featured on U.S. postage stamp
- Photo Gallery: Black-on-Black 2013 Shelby GT350
- Video: Watch a Shelby GT500 blow up a dyno
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Shelby GT500 in Deep Impact Blue
- Classic Recreations to offer Shelby GT500CR continuation cars
- Video: Ford's countdown series honors Carroll Shelby