Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700
It’s rare to see a Shelby Mustang in all original condition, and even more so with low miles. That’s what makes this 1968 GT500KR so special, though, with all of its original parts and just 12,155 miles on the odometer. As a testament to its quality, the car is a Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC) Gold winner, AACA Grand National Senior Winner and has won 10 straight MCA Thoroughbred Golds. All of that adds up to one desirable Shelby, and a final selling price of $194,700 when it crossed the auction block at Barrett-Jackson.
GT500 KR Number 3794 with 12,155 original miles. Multiple award winning, thoroughbred Shelby KR. This KR proudly presents its authentic factory assembly line parts, from the original KR only Polyglas tires to the original steel exhaust, stainless one-piece rolled tips and Autolite battery. This Shelby wears its pride of a low mileage original. Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC) Gold winner, AACA Grand National Senior Winner and 10 straight MCA Thoroughbred Golds. This mid-year ’68 KR Number 3794 is equipped with the 428 CJ, cast iron tail shaft C6 transmission with the 9″ rear and all original drivetrain. Factory air conditioning, tilt-away steering wheel and all the original working Shelby equipment. This fully documented KR includes the very rare original battery, Kelsey-Hayes brakes and the Shelby hubcaps. All awards and documentation go with the car.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Shelby GT350 Convertible Widebody to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- Photo Gallery: One-off 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca live at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Alice Cooper's 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback sells for $51,700
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Very first 1967 Shelby Mustang nets $165,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $220,000
- 1965 Shelby GT350 barn find to go up for auction at Barrett-Jackson in January
- Ford debuts 2013 Mustang California Special at Barrett-Jackson
- First 2012 Shelby GT350 nets $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- The top ten most expensive Ford Mustangs sold at auction
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson