Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700
It’s rare to see a Shelby Mustang in all original condition, and even more so with low miles. That’s what makes this 1968 GT500KR so special, though, with all of its original parts and just 12,155 miles on the odometer. As a testament to its quality, the car is a Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC) Gold winner, AACA Grand National Senior Winner and has won 10 straight MCA Thoroughbred Golds. All of that adds up to one desirable Shelby, and a final selling price of $194,700 when it crossed the auction block at Barrett-Jackson.
GT500 KR Number 3794 with 12,155 original miles. Multiple award winning, thoroughbred Shelby KR. This KR proudly presents its authentic factory assembly line parts, from the original KR only Polyglas tires to the original steel exhaust, stainless one-piece rolled tips and Autolite battery. This Shelby wears its pride of a low mileage original. Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC) Gold winner, AACA Grand National Senior Winner and 10 straight MCA Thoroughbred Golds. This mid-year ’68 KR Number 3794 is equipped with the 428 CJ, cast iron tail shaft C6 transmission with the 9″ rear and all original drivetrain. Factory air conditioning, tilt-away steering wheel and all the original working Shelby equipment. This fully documented KR includes the very rare original battery, Kelsey-Hayes brakes and the Shelby hubcaps. All awards and documentation go with the car.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Shelby unveils 2011 GT350 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Supercharged 1967 Shelby GT350 sells for $135,300
- Classic Design Concepts Flashback Mustang going to Barrett-Jackson auction in January
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers "Dragon" highest selling Mustang at $346,500
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
- 2013 Shelby GT500 prototype to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, original 1967 Shelby GT500 sells for $192,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Ring Brothers 1967 Ford Mustang "Kona" sells for $148,500
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson