Barrett-Jackson 2013: Supercharged 1967 Shelby GT350 sells for $135,300
In the sea of amazing collector cars here at Barrett-Jackson a standard 1968 Shelby GT350 might not catch our eye. This particular example, however, has a Paxton supercharger underneath the hood that was added in 2011. The car also has its correct K-Code 289ci V8, 4-speed transmission, optional cooling package and front disc brakes. All of that added up to a final selling price of $135,300, with the new owner also getting various items like the Deluxe Marti Report, the original keys, the owner’s manual and more. You can see the car, including the supercharged V8, in the gallery below.
This stunning Shelby sports its original date code correct K Code 289cid and 4-speed manual transmission combination. This car was completed on May 4, 1967 at San Jose and shipped on June 7, 1967 to Burns Ford of Louisville, KY. Options when ordered included extra cooling package, courtesy light group, fold-down rear seat, power steering, power front disc brakes, interior décor group, heavy duty battery, as well as tachometer and trip odometer. Car has been autographed by Carroll Shelby in the glove box. The original engine and 4-speed Ford Top Loader transmission are rebuilt. The bulk of the high standard restoration was completed in 1994, with a correct Paxton supercharger and Paxton carburetor added in 2011, the original carburetor accompanies the car. This Shelby was entered for judging in the Cypress MCA Concours competition, wherein it performed extremely well. Copies of MCA Concours judging sheets, Deluxe Marti Report, restoration photos, original keys, copies of registry entries documenting the car and VIN breakdown sheets, owner’s manual and correspondence from the SAAC accompany the car to confirm its pedigree.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: One-off Hagerty Fantasy Bid 2013 Shelby GT500
- SEMA 2010: WD-40 unveils custom 2011 Mustang to benefit charity
- Lowest mileage 1967 Shelby GT500 in existence going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- Aftermarket companies team up to build charity Mustang that will debut at SEMA
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT Widebody
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Grabber Orange 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 to be sold at Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas