Barrett-Jackson 2013: Supercharged 1967 Shelby GT350 sells for $135,300
In the sea of amazing collector cars here at Barrett-Jackson a standard 1968 Shelby GT350 might not catch our eye. This particular example, however, has a Paxton supercharger underneath the hood that was added in 2011. The car also has its correct K-Code 289ci V8, 4-speed transmission, optional cooling package and front disc brakes. All of that added up to a final selling price of $135,300, with the new owner also getting various items like the Deluxe Marti Report, the original keys, the owner’s manual and more. You can see the car, including the supercharged V8, in the gallery below.
This stunning Shelby sports its original date code correct K Code 289cid and 4-speed manual transmission combination. This car was completed on May 4, 1967 at San Jose and shipped on June 7, 1967 to Burns Ford of Louisville, KY. Options when ordered included extra cooling package, courtesy light group, fold-down rear seat, power steering, power front disc brakes, interior décor group, heavy duty battery, as well as tachometer and trip odometer. Car has been autographed by Carroll Shelby in the glove box. The original engine and 4-speed Ford Top Loader transmission are rebuilt. The bulk of the high standard restoration was completed in 1994, with a correct Paxton supercharger and Paxton carburetor added in 2011, the original carburetor accompanies the car. This Shelby was entered for judging in the Cypress MCA Concours competition, wherein it performed extremely well. Copies of MCA Concours judging sheets, Deluxe Marti Report, restoration photos, original keys, copies of registry entries documenting the car and VIN breakdown sheets, owner’s manual and correspondence from the SAAC accompany the car to confirm its pedigree.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Matching Ring Brothers Mustangs going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby Terlingua Continuation Mustang fetches $110,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Matching 2012 and 1969 Mustang Boss 302s sell for over $200,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers "Dragon" highest selling Mustang at $346,500
- Shelby GT350 Convertible Widebody to cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- Last 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible sells for $500,000 at Barrett-Jackson
- Photo Gallery: 2012 Shelby 1000 on display at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ring Brothers 1965 Ford Mustang "Producer" goes for $286,000
- Photo Gallery: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Anniversary Edition on display at Barrett-Jackson