Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $170,500
The last several Boss 429 Mustangs we’ve seen go up for auction have sold for anywhere from $220,000 to more than $250,000, so the selling price of $170,500 for this particular example here at Barrett-Jackson seemed a little low. The culprit could have been the color combination – Pastel Blue exterior with a white interior – which is rare (just two were produced) but also not as eye-catching as Red or Grabber Orange. It could also just be a testament to how pristine the previous examples were. Either way, one lucky bidder has a beautiful new 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429.
This is an exceptionally rare Boss 429 Mustang, one of only two Boss 429 Mustang’s produced with Pastel Blue paint and white interior. This car has a Deluxe Marti Report, along with a large binder with original documents and invoices. Kar Kraft # 2290, has had only four documented owners since it was produced and shows and drives as new. The Boss has just had a complete engine rebuild to original specifications. A new clutch has been installed to complement the close ratio four speed Top Loader transmission. All Boss 429 Mustang’s were identical with the exception of the exterior and interior colors. This is a very unique and rare car that would surely be a welcome addition to any muscle car enthusiast.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby Terlingua Continuation Mustang fetches $110,000
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- 1968 Shelby GT500 sells for $137,500 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Ring Brothers 1967 Ford Mustang "Kona" sells for $148,500
- Roush Barrett-Jackson Edition Mustang prototype auctioned off for $100,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Low mileage, all original 1968 Shelby GT500KR sells for $194,700
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: One-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra raises $200,000 for charity
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: Galpin/SPX Widebody Mustang sells for $160,000
- Barret-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet R Code sells for $79,200
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $275,000