Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $275,000
After seeing this stunning 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 cross the block at Barrett-Jackson, we’ve come to the conclusion that the king of Ford’s muscle cars looks best in black – Raven Black to be specific. Just 93 examples were painted in this color, making it even more rare than the usual bright colors the Boss 429 came in, and the car looks downright menacing when cloaked in inky darkness. Apparently at least a couple bidders agreed with us, as the $275,000 final selling price for the car is the highest we’ve seen for a Boss 429 in the last several years.
KK-1902 is a beautiful example of a hand built Special Performance Mustang from the legendary Ford Motor Company race shop Kar Kraft is one of only 93 painted this stunning color. The Concours Gold winning restoration was preformed on a never rusted, raced or abused body purchased from the original owner. Complete with all original factory sheetmetal, including the rolled fenders, quarters and front valance. The Concours detail by SAAC Head Judge Ed Meyer includes correct date codes, color codes, chalk and grease pencil marks, decals, tags and stickers just as it came off the assembly line. The matching numbers drivetrain includes the high-revving 820T solid lifter engine rebuilt by BOSS 429 specialists Ohio George and Gregg Montgomery. The engine has forged aluminum pistons, forged steel crank, high-nickel HP-429 4-bolt main block with screw-in freeze plugs, aluminum HEMI heads, forged rocker arms, hi-rise aluminum intake, Holley carburetor by Pony Carbs, aluminum valve covers, dual point distributor by Mike Ulrey, factory Drag Pack oil cooler, close ratio 4-speed and 3.91 Traction-Lok rear with nodular iron center section. This BOSS’s unique competition suspension includes the original front and rear sway bars, staggered shocks and extra heavy duty components. This BOSS has deluxe interior, hi-back bucket seats, console, factory tachometer, unique vented trunk mounted battery, front spoiler, power steering and power brakes. There are over 300 unique individual parts and hardware items that total over 800 pieces to complete a 1969 BOSS 429 Mustang and this BOSS has them all. Complete documentation including Special Performance vehicle ID tag, KK sticker, body Buck Tags, all body stamped VIN numbers, warranty papers, Build Sheets, both invoices, Marti Report and all letters from Ford.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: Custom 2013 Shelby GT500 raises $150,000 for the Henry Ford Hospital
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- One-off 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet to be sold at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- 2000 Mustang Cobra R #2 up for auction at Barrett-Jackson in Las Vegas
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1965 Shelby GT350 sells for $374,000
- One-off Shelby GT500s to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson for charity
- Barret-Jackson 2012: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet R Code sells for $79,200
- Shelby unveils 2011 GT350 at Barrett-Jackson
- Aftermarket companies team up to build charity Mustang that will debut at SEMA