Barrett-Jackson 2013: Ford Mustang Wrap-Up
Barrett-Jackson’s 2013 Scottsdale auction has officially wrapped up, and for fans of the Ford Mustang it was one of the best in the event’s history. Literally dozens of incredible Mustangs crossed the block, both vintage and late model, many well into the six figure range. Highlighting the cars we’ve featured over the last few days are the two charity cars from Ford – a custom white 2013 Shelby GT500 and the one-off 2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra tribute car, high-dollar vintage muscle like the 1/4 million dollar 1969 Boss 429, survivor cars like the all-original 1967 Shelby GT500 with less than 10,000 miles on the odometer and, of course, the 1968 Shelby EXP 500 “The Green Hornet” prototype that failed to sell despite a $1.8 million bid.
There were plenty of other Mustangs that we didn’t have time to fully feature as well. This custom 1966 Fastback caught our eye, as did this 2008 Shelby GT500 with a Gulf paint scheme. There was also this beautiful 1969 Mach 1 428 SCJ and an ultra-rare Iacocca 45th Anniversary Edition Mustang. You can see all of those Mustangs and more in our Barrett-Jackson wrap-up below.
Photos © 2013 MustangsDaily.com
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1965 Shelby GT350 sells for $374,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: 1968 Ford Mustang 428 CJ Fastback nets $165,000
- Shelby unveils 2011 GT350 at Barrett-Jackson
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 sells for $247,500
- Photo Gallery: One-off Hagerty Fantasy Bid 2013 Shelby GT500
- SPEED TV announces winner of Ford Racing Champions Shelby GT500
- Barrett-Jackson 2012: 2013 Shelby GT500 durability car raises $300,000 for charity
- Custom 2011 Mustang sells at Barrett-Jackson for $91,000
- Barrett-Jackson 2014: Ring Brothers 1967 Ford Mustang "Kona" sells for $148,500
- Barrett-Jackson 2013: 1967 Shelby Terlingua Continuation Mustang fetches $110,000